Faster to the fun

spleenstomper

Search picks up every word “the”... uugh...

I’ve never had FTTF before as we usually get suites. Aft wrap this time, so we got faster to the fun.

Leaving Saturday and did the check in for 12:30. What time can we go to the ship? Doesn’t FTTF over ride this?

Thanks. I need to update my signature 

1 minute ago, spleenstomper said:

Leaving Saturday and did the check in for 12:30. What time can we go to the ship? Doesn’t FTTF over ride this?

Would be helpful to know which ship you are talking about, though yes FTTF does override the scheduled boarding time.

4 minutes ago, spleenstomper said:

Oh, I’m not sure. Maybe?

I had an aft wrap in my Legend cruise last month and it was a "Vista Suite".  I had priority boarding, priority luggage, etc.

However, I just checked Valor and their aft wraps are called "Premium Vista Balconies" not suites, so maybe it's different on Valor.

Either way, I'm sure you'll love it.  I wss just wondering if you even needed FTTF with the aft wrap - we did not, but ours was called a suite.

• Like 1

This is my first aft wrap. Have never been able to get one before, so jumped on it. Our friends got the cabin next to us on the side, so we can open the balcony dividers. 

We are usually mid ship suite people. (Unless Dream class and blinded by deck lights, so cove balcony)

24 minutes ago, spleenstomper said:

This is my first aft wrap. Have never been able to get one before, so jumped on it. Our friends got the cabin next to us on the side, so we can open the balcony dividers. 

We are usually mid ship suite people. (Unless Dream class and blinded by deck lights, so cove balcony)

Make sure as soon as you get on the ship, go to customer service (FTTF Line) and request your balcony partition be opened up. Have one person from the other cabin get in line with you just in case they want their permission. We stayed in one of these with my parents staying next door and it worked out great so we could share the huge balcony. Then the room steward or maintenance person will open it sometime soon.

They only are only allowed to open up a certain amount of partitions on the ship so don't procrastinate on requesting this.

With FTTF you can show up whenever you want and if the ship isn't boarding yet, you will have an area to sit down that's inside to wait with other FTTF people. You will be called right after Platinum and wedding parties.

Hope this helps! Any let me know if you have any questions...

-Gary

1 hour ago, garypolton said:

Make sure as soon as you get on the ship, go to customer service (FTTF Line) and request your balcony partition be opened up. Have one person from the other cabin get in line with you just in case they want their permission. We stayed in one of these with my parents staying next door and it worked out great so we could share the huge balcony. Then the room steward or maintenance person will open it sometime soon.

They only are only allowed to open up a certain amount of partitions on the ship so don't procrastinate on requesting this.

With FTTF you can show up whenever you want and if the ship isn't boarding yet, you will have an area to sit down that's inside to wait with other FTTF people. You will be called right after Platinum and wedding parties.

Hope this helps! Any let me know if you have any questions...

-Gary

Thanks, Gary!

Just now, spleenstomper said:

I’m excited to finally get to try it. I would hate a plain aft(no shade) but aft wrap seems cool

Definitely on my bucket list of rooms to try! I had one booked once, but then switched cruises to a ship that didn’t have them. But, someday... 😊

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bakersdozen12 said:

Definitely on my bucket list of rooms to try! I had one booked once, but then switched cruises to a ship that didn’t have them. But, someday... 😊

Our friends had the other aft wrap on this deck, but they had to cancel last minute and lost all the money!! But someone got a last minute aft wrap.

• Like 1

No one can tell you when you will be on board as it all depends on when the ship is cleared and ready to accept new passengers.  Having FTTF means you board right after diamond, platinum, and weddings.  Yes, with FTTF you choose a check-in time, but FTTF overrules that time.  You can show up whenever to check-in, but may still have to wait to board.

• Like 1

We plan to leave the house around 11:45 so will board around noon. We don’t like boarding too early as there isn’t a whole lot to do. 

I’ve never cruised in September so soon after school starts, so we are wondering how many kids and how full the ship will be. 

Helene, I will be wearing a red, blue and yellow striped maxi dress if you see me!

1 hour ago, spleenstomper said:

We plan to leave the house around 11:45 so will board around noon. We don’t like boarding too early as there isn’t a whole lot to do. 

I’ve never cruised in September so soon after school starts, so we are wondering how many kids and how full the ship will be. 

Helene, I will be wearing a red, blue and yellow striped maxi dress if you see me!

Since you're arriving a little later, you won't have to worry about waiting to board. The nice thing is, with FTTF, your cabin will be ready immediately. We'll be on the Valor in early December. Up until now, we've always had to do it in the summer because of school, so this will be our first winter cruise. It'll be nice to get a break from a bunch of rambunctious kids. It's our first time out of NOLA, too. We're excited to cruise down the Mississippi for a while. We thought it'd be interesting to see the sights along the way instead of looking out over open ocean, but unfortunately it'll be dark not long after sail-away. I guess we picked the wrong time of year to do our first NOLA cruise. LOL

• Like 1