Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

Has  anyone ever done a Chefs Table on Carnival???? If you have what time does it normally start at and is it normally on the 2nd day out to sea?? I know this would just give me an estimate on when I need to plan things around it or before. Thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last month on Carnival Legend it was in the FIRST sea day.  We met in the Alchemy Bar at either 5:00 or 5:30.  Don't eat ahead of time, show up hungry!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did it on the Breeze...We had to Meet in the Atrium at 6:00...We did ours on the fourth night of the Cruise...but that was us...Depending on how many people sign up for it depends on how many nights they do it...They never do it on the first night...and make sure you bring an appetite with you...although the it doesn't look like a lot on the plates by the 7th course you are struggling...Great way to spend 2.5 to 3 hours...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You won't know the day until you board. There will be a note in your cabin giving you the day and time. Ours began on the last 3 Chef's Tables at 6. As Parrot said, there is a ton of small plates, don't feel obligated to eat all of every dish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, coevan said:

You won't know the day until you board. There will be a note in your cabin giving you the day and time. Ours began on the last 3 Chef's Tables at 6. As Parrot said, there is a ton of small plates, don't feel obligated to eat all of every dish. 

 

Although most of them are so good you will want to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank y’all so much ..... so I’m assuming it will probably start at 6:00pm ( this helps me so much so I can plan things around this) just wish I knew the night but it seems like it could be any night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DeborahGwaltney said:

Thank y’all so much ..... so I’m assuming it will probably start at 6:00pm ( this helps me so much so I can plan things around this) just wish I knew the night but it seems like it could be any night. 

 

It won't be on a port day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did Chef's table a couple of weeks ago on Splendor. We did not know the schedule until boarding. They actually had us scheduled on a port day, but I was able to change it to the 2nd sea day at the end of the week. They had Chef's Table 4 nights on this cruise because so many people signed up. It was awesome!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It isn’t necessarily at 6pm. We did it in 2017 and signed up on the ship. I know we didn’t eat that early because we always have late seating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Garth2 said:

It isn’t necessarily at 6pm. We did it in 2017 and signed up on the ship. I know we didn’t eat that early because we always have late seating. 

 

 

You having late seating has nothing to do with the Chef's Table. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 7:40 PM, ParrotRob said:

Last month on Carnival Legend it was in the FIRST sea day.  We met in the Alchemy Bar at either 5:00 or 5:30.  Don't eat ahead of time, show up hungry!

Hi ParrotRob! Do you happen to have the current menu for the Chef's Table? Or at least can remember what some of the dishes were? We did it a year ago and we were wondering if the menu has since changed. 

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 6:40 PM, ParrotRob said:

Last month on Carnival Legend it was in the FIRST sea day.  We met in the Alchemy Bar at either 5:00 or 5:30.  Don't eat ahead of time, show up hungry!

When you say the first sea day do you mean the first full sea day or first day you leave port?

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have sent in a request for our Feb 15th cruise but do not want to do our chefs table on a formal night - when do you find out which night you are scheduled?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JKCamara said:

Hi ParrotRob! Do you happen to have the current menu for the Chef's Table? Or at least can remember what some of the dishes were? We did it a year ago and we were wondering if the menu has since changed. 

 

Thanks!

 

I think so, let me check when I get home tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Just_Beachy22 said:

We have sent in a request for our Feb 15th cruise but do not want to do our chefs table on a formal night - when do you find out which night you are scheduled?

 

Ours was on elegant/formal night.  Didn't get to choose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JQTravels said:

When you say the first sea day do you mean the first full sea day or first day you leave port?

 

Thanks

 

I mean the first full day at sea.  Not departure day.  We left Seattle on Tuesday, our chef's table was on Wednesday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, coevan said:

 

 

You having late seating has nothing to do with the Chef's Table. 

Correct. And because the chefs table takes about three hours it's not going to be very late seating you.. not going to be much later than 6 o'clock if at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ParrotRob said:

 

I mean the first full day at sea.  Not departure day.  We left Seattle on Tuesday, our chef's table was on Wednesday. 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did it on the Imagination in 2018- it was  fun. Great galley tour- lots of appetizers.

 

The wine selection was decent, and the food was well prepared and plated very nicely. I do have our menu somewhere, if I can find it I will post it.

 

Tim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we have done the Chef's Table 3 times, never a wine selection other than red or white

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess if I find out when we board it is on our formal night I can always cancel. We want to eat with our kiddos on Formal nights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did this last week on the Sunrise. It was on our second port day. I asked one of the servers how many nights they did the Chef’s Table and she said 4 (8day Cruise)

 

This was our menu and it was excellent!

354972D4-9367-45E5-9BD4-C4ED697BE025.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...