Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
toxicfairy

just booked Independence

It has been a few years so help me please. Husband wanted a February get away so we booked on the Independence for Feb 13 to 17th. I am looking at the forum and can't find any threads on that ship. i love reading everything and getting excited. Also there were no suites left (yes I called C&A to book and see if there were any being held) so we booked a balcony on the hump. We are mere Emeralds so i was wondering if any one thinks the new key program is any good. price aside I am wondering about seats for the shows as it is Presidents day weekend and i know there will be plenty of other teaching staff as well as families with kids that are on break. What are the chances of the deluxe drink package going on sale...hubby drinks plenty I drink rarely looking to get a deluxe and a refresh. How about a message , book ahead or wait? And lastly pray we don't get snow I really want to go on this cruise!!!!!

Edited by toxicfairy

Most of the recent reviews are from Europe.  Indy is currently sailing from Southampton, so things are different from a typical Caribbean sailing.

We sailed Indy in January in the Caribbean, and July in Europe.  There are some photos of the ship in the review I did in July. 

Love Indy, have done a few short cruises on her and currently have 3 more booked.  Great ship, show is Grease which is fantastic.  

2 more quick questions. I have never had a message land or sea but I want one...is it best to book pre criuse or during the cruise for best price. Also when does the independence come back from Europe ? We are cruising out of Florida in Feb.

Thanks again for any and all answers!

4 minutes ago, toxicfairy said:

2 more quick questions. I have never had a message land or sea but I want one...is it best to book pre criuse or during the cruise for best price. Also when does the independence come back from Europe ? We are cruising out of Florida in Feb.

Thanks again for any and all answers!

Indy gets to Ft. lauderdale on Nov 9.

We sailed on Independence this past Spring Break, which is obviously a very busy week! We had no problems getting into any of the shows, ice skating sessions, etc. We really enjoyed the ship and the recent upgrades! Food in Windjammer and MDR was good and we were happy with all of the staff members. It was a full ship with lots of kids (our 2 granddaughters being among them!), but overall the ship handled the crowds well. I'm like you in that I get soooo excited when booking a cruise! Only 410 days until we sail 😄

JustUs275   thank you!  we have been on Freedom twice, Liberty twice but never Independence. Plus several other ships. This will be my 10th cruise and 8th with Royal