Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Carnevale

When is the best time to buy an internet pkg?

With gratitude to my fellow CC posters for responding to yet another new to X question from me, I am hoping to find out when is the best time to purchase an internet pkg.  We will share a pkg for one device and just have one of us online at a time and, we don't need the full pkg, we only need to get to email.

The single device surf pkg is not on sale for our October TA sailing so there is no discount at this time.  Does it make sense to go ahead and purchase it now or should we wait until we are onboard?  Are there ever discounts when a cruise starts?  Might there be any other options not advertised in advance (e.g., smaller packages for limited number of minutes)?

Thanks in advance for your advice on what the best option will be!

We sailed Reflection this past January, 10 day Caribbean- we waited until on-board and purchased a one-device unlimited package for approx. $144 USD at the iLounge .

If it’s not on sale why bother now.  Price should be the same on board.  I have never see surf go on sale. If you purchase now and it goes on sale you can always get it adjusted. Usually cxl the one you have and purchase the sale. I wish it would go n sale but if not I’ll get it on board if needed.  I think my elite minutes that the 4 of us have should be enough. 

The surf package is relatively new.  The price in the Cruise Planner for the unlimited package is 10% lower than the price once on the ship.  Not sure if it is the with the surf package.  

The internet sales I have seen on board are  mid cruise and they reduce the price of a full cruise package by 50%.  

We just purchased a 1 device surf package for a 15 night cruise. Price was $ 179  before our Elite +  discount was applied.