Available diet soft drinks

In the grand scheme of things, this is piddly. I was just wondering if the available diet soft drinks on board Symphony went beyond Diet Coke and Diet Sprite. I'll drink sugary goodness if those are my only choices. I don't drink alcohol (sober 21 years) and I've gotten used to pounding down a few diet A&W root beers when the mood strikes. I've never learned to like diet colas or lemon-lime soft drinks. Again, I'll enjoy to sugared soft drinks if need be. I'll be the lady with the Shirley Temple in hand. 😛

2 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

In the grand scheme of things, this is piddly. I was just wondering if the available diet soft drinks on board Symphony went beyond Diet Coke and Diet Sprite. I'll drink sugary goodness if those are my only choices. I don't drink alcohol (sober 21 years) and I've gotten used to pounding down a few diet A&W root beers when the mood strikes. I've never learned to like diet colas or lemon-lime soft drinks. Again, I'll enjoy to sugared soft drinks if need be. I'll be the lady with the Shirley Temple in hand. 😛

They also have diet tonic and I think diet ginger ale. I've never seen root beer, etc. They do have a list of alcohol free cocktails in addition to the ordering "virgin" this and that. The alcohol free white wine was drinkable and there were at least 2 alcohol free beers on board in early August. 

Cindy The staple diet sodas are the Diet 7 Up and a couple of variations of Diet Coke such as Coke Zero.

Sometimes they have Diet Ginger Ale but not always.

If there is another Coke Product you want you can have your TA get with on board guest services to see if it could be special ordered for you.  That should be done at least 90 days before the cruise and please be aware sometimes this is not possible because of where the ship is sailing.  

Keith

Thank you all! I do like diet ginger ale. If it's not available I'll survive. I love tonic and lime, so that will be a lovely addition to my daily "cocktail" hour.

Typing with a cat draped across one arm is just about impossible. Just sayin'.

We drink diet sodas and I have to drink non caffeine diet soda so we always contact Crystal Guest Services prior to our cruise and specially order it.  When we actually take the cruise, it is on board.  We also prefer Perrier and San Pellagrino.  There was a time when they stopped carrying it routinely so I also specially order it to be safe.  Crystal has always been very accommodating in this regard.

Edited by jssabs
4 hours ago, jssabs said:

We drink diet sodas and I have to drink non caffeine diet soda so we always contact Crystal Guest Services prior to our cruise and specially order it.  When we actually take the cruise, it is on board.  We also prefer Perrier and San Pellagrino.  There was a time when they stopped carrying it routinely so I also specially order it to be safe.  Crystal has always been very accommodating in this regard.

I also like to order Perrier and San Pellagrino.  I have never had an issue getting it without a pre-board order but around the ship you have to ask for it specifically by brand or you may just receive “fizzy” water or one of the lesser known “fizzy”  brands. 

1 hour ago, Cancun01 said:

I also like to order Perrier and San Pellagrino.  I have never had an issue getting it without a pre-board order but around the ship you have to ask for it specifically by brand or you may just receive “fizzy” water or one of the lesser known “fizzy”  brands. 

Yes one of my pet hates is to be offered fizzy water rather than San Pellegrino in Prego - it’s an Italian restaurant after all - most of the time they’ll go away and find me some but too often they try and use the other stuff 

Ironically I get San Pellegrino in our room but it’s getting harder to find it around the ship 

Cindy, it sound like you are all set and are flexible on having what they have on-board.

For others who have not posted but are reading this thread and are not as flexible as you, my advice is if it is something important to you that you request it well in advance via on board guest services.  Some items which have been mentioned as standard items are not always there for a variety of reasons.  If you request it you stand a far greater chance it will be available in sufficient quantities for you. I have been on cruises where we weren't on for very long and didn't request an item (again some which were mentioned) and they didn't have it.  It really can vary on some of them where the ship is sailing or even with delays getting specific goods to the ship.  

Most people are flexible as is Cindy but if it was an important item (eg., we know some people who can only drink one of the different zero calorie cokes that are made) then consider having your TA order it via OBGS.  Even then there is not a 100% guarantee.  Should you request a specific item my recommendation is to provide the quantity.  It is a big help to them so they are not guessing how many you want.  Best estimate on your part.

Keith