Best sea view cabins on Ventura

Vampiress88

It is down low so you get a close view of the sea. There is a group of people who think this is a good area and repeat book. Mid forward you are away from the theatre and close to the art gallery which is very quiet.  Forward port side is a launderette well out the way for people from other decks but handy for you.  You do get an early morning call at tender ports.

Regards John

1 hour ago, john watson said:

It is down low so you get a close view of the sea. There is a group of people who think this is a good area and repeat book. Mid forward you are away from the theatre and close to the art gallery which is very quiet.  Forward port side is a launderette well out the way for people from other decks but handy for you.  You do get an early morning call at tender ports.

Regards John

Its p241 that we are currently assigned

Much depends on

a) your individual preference

b) the itinerary

c) the time of year

etc

I quite like P deck.  You’re handy for all the indoor public spaces and for the gangways. Long journey to the open decks of course but, hey ho, it’s a big ship

9 minutes ago, eddie11 said:

Much depends on

a) your individual preference

b) the itinerary

c) the time of year

etc

I quite like P deck.  You’re handy for all the indoor public spaces and for the gangways. Long journey to the open decks of course but, hey ho, it’s a big ship

Dont really have a preference. Only been on a cruise twice. Both were indoor. I have a funny feeling we were on P deck the first time. This year we were on D and it was the very first cabin. Didn’t like being right at the front. in the middle ish for me would be good. 

Going in april. Canaries. Never been so no idea what to expect. Only ever been on azura too. Not this Ventura. 

Azura and Ventura, are very close sisters with some clear detail differences.  Ventura has a continuous Promenade Deck you can go all around the ship with straight ascent/descent of fairly wide stairs at the bow.  P241 is in my brochure with icon "Cabin has two additional beds in the form of pull-down beds"  These are typically on opposite walls occupying about 6 to 8 inches of space on each respective wall,  Brochure also states "Note; All pull-down beds are accessible via a ladder. When pull-down beds are in use, lower beds cannot be converted into a double".  It could reasonably be interpreted that your beds can be made into a double if there are only two passengers.  Some of the "P" deck cabins have fixed twins than are permanently bolted to the floor and double bed configuration is not possible with those cabins. 

P241 has an inside cabin opposite with an open square space section of corridor to the left.  It appears you can access  "P" deck cabins by the long straight corridor starting near the shops (avoiding art gallery)  or by going through the art gallery looking at all the paintings as you go through. The transverse corridor nearly opposite your cabin permits a short cut to the port side well forward launderette, and if you make a port/starboard error when attempting to return to cabin the transverse corridor can  solve that problem.

I think P241 is far enough aft to avoid theatre noise problems being a bit more mid than forward.  It is close to the forward lift bank but not too near for noise issues.  If you are sailing with anyone who hogs the bathroom, emergency solutions are a short walk up one deck near theatre entrance and a longer walk with no stairs involved to far end of lowest part of Atrium which also has facilities which include the coffee place and general seating.   I see a lot of positive things about this cabin.

Regards John

1 hour ago, john watson said:

Azura and Ventura, are very close sisters with some clear detail differences.  Ventura has a continuous Promenade Deck you can go all around the ship with straight ascent/descent of fairly wide stairs at the bow.  P241 is in my brochure with icon "Cabin has two additional beds in the form of pull-down beds"  These are typically on opposite walls occupying about 6 to 8 inches of space on each respective wall,  Brochure also states "Note; All pull-down beds are accessible via a ladder. When pull-down beds are in use, lower beds cannot be converted into a double".  It could reasonably be interpreted that your beds can be made into a double if there are only two passengers.  Some of the "P" deck cabins have fixed twins than are permanently bolted to the floor and double bed configuration is not possible with those cabins. 

P241 has an inside cabin opposite with an open square space section of corridor to the left.  It appears you can access  "P" deck cabins by the long straight corridor starting near the shops (avoiding art gallery)  or by going through the art gallery looking at all the paintings as you go through. The transverse corridor nearly opposite your cabin permits a short cut to the port side well forward launderette, and if you make a port/starboard error when attempting to return to cabin the transverse corridor can  solve that problem.

I think P241 is far enough aft to avoid theatre noise problems being a bit more mid than forward.  It is close to the forward lift bank but not too near for noise issues.  If you are sailing with anyone who hogs the bathroom, emergency solutions are a short walk up one deck near theatre entrance and a longer walk with no stairs involved to far end of lowest part of Atrium which also has facilities which include the coffee place and general seating.   I see a lot of positive things about this cabin.

Regards John

Yes there are two adults and two young kids so we need the ones with the pull down beds. We had this on the azura this year and was ok for them with ladder etc. 

Its more to do with the noise and mid ship that I think will make the difference to us. 

Don’t want it to noisy as I doubt kids will be up later than 10