Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

Hi , last week we booked the Haven H6 on the Getaway. Today we saw a pricedrop of more than $600 . Is there a chance to get the difference?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only if before final payment deadline.   Otherwise you might ask for a bit of OBC to help out some.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should give you 25% of the reduction in OBC. This happened to us recently, but was after final payment was due.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go for it if you are before Final Payment and then if there is another drop you will get a chance at the possible OBC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Bavariangirl said:

The deadline is the 13th of September but we've allready paid. So we try it - Thank you

Jump on it quick.  If before deadline, you should be entitled to cancellation and refund, if US and not contract with a TA otherwise.   If you are entitled, you can cancel and rebook at the new price, or they will probably just give you the new price.  However, if there were any additional benefits with the first booking they might not be available with the new price.  So you need to compare.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Bavariangirl said:

The deadline is the 13th of September but we've allready paid. So we try it - Thank you

Even if you have paid if you act now you should be able to get the difference refunded back to your CC. Good luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bavariangirl said:

Hi , last week we booked the Haven H6 on the Getaway. Today we saw a pricedrop of more than $600 . Is there a chance to get the difference?

If the price had gone up $600, would you have wanted to pay the difference?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bavariangirl said:

The deadline is the 13th of September but we've allready paid. So we try it - Thank you

I had a cruise price drop between final payment and payment due date and my TA got me a refund.  They told me they might have to cancel and re-book, which would have been fine, since I didn't have a cabin preference.  I kept my reservation plus perks and actually got an additional $50 OBC because that was one of the NCL "perks" that day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bavariangirl said:

The deadline is the 13th of September but we've allready paid. So we try it - Thank you

 

You should have no problem. It doesn't matter that you have paid, the key date is the date that final payment is due. You could always cancel without penalty and then rebook. NCL doesn't make you do that they just give you the lower price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There have been so many of these threads regarding price drops in the Haven the last few weeks that it should be an indicator of how overpriced this class of stateroom is. I'd never purchase one outright and would only bid on one through the upgrade program. 

Edited by tallnthensome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cottagers2000 said:

If the price had gone up $600, would you have wanted to pay the difference?

 

 

The OP isn't complaining about it, they merely asked a simple question. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cottagers2000 said:

If the price had gone up $600, would you have wanted to pay the difference?

Amazed at the people that ask this question. As a general rule, people want the lowest price possible. No one wants to overpay. I never offer to pay more for things that I know I can get cheaper, do you? Of course, I would also never book an NCL cruise more than a week or two before sailing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, blcruising said:

 Of course, I would also never book an NCL cruise more than a week or two before sailing.

Not everyone has that luxury, not lucky enough to live so close to the Ohio River like you Pittsburghers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, blcruising said:

Amazed at the people that ask this question. As a general rule, people want the lowest price possible. No one wants to overpay. I never offer to pay more for things that I know I can get cheaper, do you? Of course, I would also never book an NCL cruise more than a week or two before sailing.

 

 I would also never book an NCL cruise more than a week or two before sailing.

 

 

And have a terrific selection and location of that cabin - whatever is left -but- you are cruising !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

 

 I would also never book an NCL cruise more than a week or two before sailing.

 

 

And have a terrific selection and location of that cabin - whatever is left -but- you are cruising !

Cabin selection/location hasn't been an issue. Just booked 5 days before a cruise and was promptly assigned a mid ship stateroom with cabins located above and below. Booked my last five cruises this way. Never been disappointed and until I am, I'll continue to book NCL in this manner. But feel free to overpay by hundreds of thousands of dollars. Keeps my prices low low low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, mugtech said:

Not everyone has that luxury, not lucky enough to live so close to the Ohio River like you Pittsburghers.

Ahhh, that's too bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ask about an upgrade, we did that on the Jewel and got a very nice upgrade that they paid us $21.00 to take (OBC)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blcruising said:

Cabin selection/location hasn't been an issue. Just booked 5 days before a cruise and was promptly assigned a mid ship stateroom with cabins located above and below. Booked my last five cruises this way. Never been disappointed and until I am, I'll continue to book NCL in this manner. But feel free to overpay by hundreds of thousands of dollars. Keeps my prices low low low.

 

But do you know that you are actually getting the lowest price? Unless you have been monitoring prices yours may be higher than most others, or it could be lower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, zqvol said:

 

But do you know that you are actually getting the lowest price? Unless you have been monitoring prices yours may be higher than most others, or it could be lower.

Yes, mine is lower. Rock bottom pricing. I know rock bottom when I see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, misguy said:

Ask about an upgrade, we did that on the Jewel and got a very nice upgrade that they paid us $21.00 to take (OBC)

 

Your PCC or TA got this for you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, blcruising said:

Amazed at the people that ask this question. As a general rule, people want the lowest price possible. No one wants to overpay. I never offer to pay more for things that I know I can get cheaper, do you? Of course, I would also never book an NCL cruise more than a week or two before sailing.

The point I am making is that the price that was paid was obviously within their budget do why keep looking to see if the price has changed. Are you now still amazed???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cottagers2000 said:

The point I am making is that the price that was paid was obviously within their budget do why keep looking to see if the price has changed. Are you now still amazed???

I'm not amazed , I always keep looking. Yes I'm comfortable with the price I paid ( as I'm sure many are), however if I can get ( let's call it a rebate) money back why not??

 

If it's available to get ( price drop/OBC) it's certainly within the pax rights. If it wasn't NCL and all other cruiselines would Stop it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...