Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
CruisesRMe

Anybody ever win in casino

Recommended Posts

My sister/brother in law currently on the Equinox, she said that people are complaining in the Casino that nobody is winning anything.  Has anybody won anything playing slots?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, CruisesRMe said:

My sister/brother in law currently on the Equinox, she said that people are complaining in the Casino that nobody is winning anything.  Has anybody won anything playing slots?

Yes, I won $1,500. about 8 yrs ago on the Constellation on the 3rd spin  & 3 quarters a spin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won $1400 on the Mercury years ago. I saw a lady last year win around $5000 and then $3000 more. I think of gambling as entertainment. Just having a little on sea days or after dinner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just sailed on a b2b on the Equinox in August.  Spent many many hours in the casino and saw very few wins.  

Only ship I sail on that caters to high rollers only.  In all the hours I spent there no one from the staff even said Hi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just off Summit, first night man won $5800, several other wins during the week. People were complaining about the tightness of the slots. People win, people lose, just the way it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People win all the time.  Once you put money into a slot it is gone. You have to win it back.  

 

You put in 3 coins and play.   The machine claims you won 2.   So you have now won back 2 of your coins.  Therefore you won 2 but it cost you 1 coin of the original bet.  You still won.  

 

Anytime you put money into play it is gone and you have to win it back.  Let’s say you  are a bet with someone for $10 and put in on the table it is gone or lost, so technically if you win you are winning the $20 pot even though part of that $20 is the $10 you put up.  

 

Do players ever come out ahead?   It depends when they quit.   The problem is greed because  people want more and are never satisfied with a small amount.  

 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅 

Edited by miched

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, keelykat said:

Just sailed on a b2b on the Equinox in August.  Spent many many hours in the casino and saw very few wins.  

Only ship I sail on that caters to high rollers only.  In all the hours I spent there no one from the staff even said Hi.

Thats sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Just off Summit, first night man won $5800, several other wins during the week. People were complaining about the tightness of the slots. People win, people lose, just the way it is.

True, just curious because my sister said people are talking they not even getting bonus spins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, miched said:

People win all the time.  Once you put money into a slot it is gone. You have to win it back.  

 

You put in 3 coins and play.   The machine claims you won 2.   So you have now won back 2 of your coins.  Therefore you won 2 but it cost you 1 coin of the original bet.  You still won.  

 

Anytime you put money into play it is gone and you have to win it back.  Let’s say you  are a bet with someone for $10 and put in on the table it is gone or lost, so technically if you win you are winning the $20 pot even though part of that $20 is the $10 you put up.  

 

Do players ever come out ahead?   It depends when they quit.   The problem is greed because  people want more and are never satisfied with a small amount.  

 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅 

Your very right, greed...my other half pretty much always comes home with more money, he does play max slot bet though, I am cheap.  He knows how to pull out that ticket, bring it to the safe come back and put in another bill.  As for me, if I only loose $400 in a week cruise that is a win for me lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the last year we have been on the Eclipse and Millennium. Both my husband and I love to play at the casino, but on board we agree that the slots are tight. They have you as a captive audience because it's not like your are walking out the door to take your business to another casino. Your best bet is playing the tables. We purchase the casino promotional chips online before we go. Usually it is $50 for $55 worth of play. You can't cash out those promotional chips, and they must be used to place a bet, but you get paid in regular chips that can be cashed at any time. So, when you win a hand, put your winnings aside. At least this gives you a 10% advantage on your money.  Eventually you will lose those promotional chips and hopefully you will have an equal amount (or better) of regular chips. Celebrity lets you purchase $500 per passenger. The most important thing is to have fun and try to break even or even win a little. We usually meet nice people sitting at the tables. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes people do win.😁 Yesterday the casino put five dollars on every person‘s card. I won $8.40. So there you go. Sometimes people do win.😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate people loss money.I know I always win because I am the shareholder.😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CruisesRMe said:

My sister/brother in law currently on the Equinox, she said that people are complaining in the Casino that nobody is winning anything.  Has anybody won anything playing slots?

Sister won several times last week on Equinox, one hit being $1300 with a few others in the hundreds. She gives back 😂 but definitely came out ahead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CruisesRMe said:

My sister/brother in law currently on the Equinox, she said that people are complaining in the Casino that nobody is winning anything.  Has anybody won anything playing slots?

 

Seems like I hear the same complaint about every casino.  Casinos make money and the odds are against you on every machine and every game in the casino.  Why would anyone be surprised that more people lose than win?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I once won $600 playing the $1 triple bar slot machine by hitting 3 7s;  There is usually one slot machine that they rig to payout more than the others;  The trick is to find that one;  Also, the slots are looser at the beginning of the cruise to get people "hooked"; then they tighten them up as the week progresses

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won $445.00 on my third spin on a $.40 machine on the Edge in January this year. We always use our OBC to play each night. And yes, we do win, usually nothing very big . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, redwings1958 said:

I once won $600 playing the $1 triple bar slot machine by hitting 3 7s;  There is usually one slot machine that they rig to payout more than the others;  The trick is to find that one;  Also, the slots are looser at the beginning of the cruise to get people "hooked"; then they tighten them up as the week progresses

 

 

That is the #1 myth of slot machines, they are not changed during the course of a cruise.   Do some research about the Random Number Generator and you will find that this is just a myth.   If you follow this board as long as I have, there are people who claim they are loose at the beginning of the cruise, loose in the morning but not at night, one guy on the casino board said they were looser at the end of the cruise.   All not true.  There are machines that payout more and it is true to find out the ones that pay better but they are definitely not changed. 

Edited by dkjretired

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

 

Seems like I hear the same complaint about every casino.  Casinos make money and the odds are against you on every machine and every game in the casino.  Why would anyone be surprised that more people lose than win?

 

Just look at Lost Wages, I mean Las Vegas.  They didn't build those extravagant resort/casinos by letting people actually WIN!  A few people will win and those wins are highly publicized in order to entice more suckers players to come to the casino.  The more people gamble, the more money the casino makes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, lbenson said:

In the last year we have been on the Eclipse and Millennium. Both my husband and I love to play at the casino, but on board we agree that the slots are tight. They have you as a captive audience because it's not like your are walking out the door to take your business to another casino. Your best bet is playing the tables. We purchase the casino promotional chips online before we go. Usually it is $50 for $55 worth of play. You can't cash out those promotional chips, and they must be used to place a bet, but you get paid in regular chips that can be cashed at any time. So, when you win a hand, put your winnings aside. At least this gives you a 10% advantage on your money.  Eventually you will lose those promotional chips and hopefully you will have an equal amount (or better) of regular chips. Celebrity lets you purchase $500 per passenger. The most important thing is to have fun and try to break even or even win a little. We usually meet nice people sitting at the tables. 

Thank you for your reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Sometimes people do win.😁 Yesterday the casino put five dollars on every person‘s card. I won $8.40. So there you go. Sometimes people do win.😁

Which ship was that?  That was very nice of Celebrity and I would be happy also to have won $8.50 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CruiseLifeIsTheBest said:

Sister won several times last week on Equinox, one hit being $1300 with a few others in the hundreds. She gives back 😂 but definitely came out ahead. 

Thats good to hear some machines to pay out, this is what I wanted to hear, perhaps this week its taking it back as my sister is currently on the Equinox and says nobody is getting anything, but then again, she is only into day three.  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

 

Seems like I hear the same complaint about every casino.  Casinos make money and the odds are against you on every machine and every game in the casino.  Why would anyone be surprised that more people lose than win?

No, not surprised and know most people loose but some do win...I been cruising on RC and every now and then I see somebody winning a few thousand of dollars, hitting jackpots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was on the Equinox last week and spent a lot of time in the casino.  The machines were really tight and I never saw anyone hit a jackpot.   The week before, I was on RCL.

Empress of the Seas and did well.  I like the RCL, Blue Chip program better than Celebrity, especially since they reduced the benefits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...