Guarantee Cabin Assignment

Desert Cruisers

Relax.  You have a cabin.  The assignment can come at any time.  I have had some quickly assigned. More often, they wait until a week before the cruise.  I have also been assigned and then reassigned.  Anything can happen.  You usually get the booked category. Sometimes you get a better cabin.  The assignments closer to embarkation, the better.

I have had my guarantee cabin assigned for my November cruise. I have a cabin with a lifeboat view. What are my chances of getting a better view? 

I did pay for a restricted view cabin so not complaining, just wondering if I might be bumped to a slightly better cabin.

17 minutes ago, Kristal Blade said:

I have had my guarantee cabin assigned for my November cruise. I have a cabin with a lifeboat view. What are my chances of getting a better view? 

I did pay for a restricted view cabin so not complaining, just wondering if I might be bumped to a slightly better cabin.

Very unlikely.  I really like the aspect of those deck 6 obstructed views, but you won’t have a table and sofa in the cabin.  Having been in one though and for someone who doesn’t have room service breakfast I liked it and would book one again.  If you can get one of the four “corner” cabins the view really isn’t obstructed. 

Phil

42 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Very unlikely.  I really like the aspect of those deck 6 obstructed views, but you won’t have a table and sofa in the cabin.  Having been in one though and for someone who doesn’t have room service breakfast I liked it and would book one again.  If you can get one of the four “corner” cabins the view really isn’t obstructed. 

Phil

Thanks for the speedy reply Phil,

we were on Marco Polo earlier this year and booked the Azamara cruise as a reward for putting up with poor cabin amenities. However it sounds like this won’t be much better! 

Our cabin is pretty much in the middle of  the row of lifeboats so hope our window is in the gap between boats.

Krystal Blade

I agree with Phil re obstructed views, if you are on a port intensive cruise, it’s  really no bother. We were allocated 6032 for our first guaranteed cabin last October and we liked it. Position is great, we liked the layout , its far more roomy near the dressing table and wardrobe. There is no table  or sofa but we actually didnt miss them. We then specifically chose 6036 for our next cruise but were fortunate to be offered the upgrade email and were successfully upgraded to a very well positioned balcony.We have chosen 6046 for a cruise next April as according to Phil its a good one and one of the better obstructed! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, combine said:

Krystal Blade

I agree with Phil re obstructed views, if you are on a port intensive cruise, it’s  really no bother. We were allocated 6032 for our first guaranteed cabin last October and we liked it. Position is great, we liked the layout , its far more roomy near the dressing table and wardrobe. There is no table  or sofa but we actually didnt miss them. We then specifically chose 6036 for our next cruise but were fortunate to be offered the upgrade email and were successfully upgraded to a very well positioned balcony.We have chosen 6046 for a cruise next April as according to Phil its a good one and one of the better obstructed! 

Thank you Combine,

we have an odd number, 6039, but sounds like it will be similar to yours. As it’s our first Azamara cruise and port intensive I don’t think we will spend a lot of time in the cabin.

so long as we have the surface of the dressing table for plonking down cameras etc it will be fine.

On 9/10/2019 at 7:46 AM, Redtravel said:

Relax.  You have a cabin.  The assignment can come at any time.  I have had some quickly assigned. More often, they wait until a week before the cruise.  I have also been assigned and then reassigned.  Anything can happen.  You usually get the booked category. Sometimes you get a better cabin.  The assignments closer to embarkation, the better.

Thanks for info.  I was just curious as all of the inside cabins - that's what we have - are sold out.

Another question...When does Azamara usually provide documents such as boarding passes, details of hotel/transfer package, etc?  We are used to getting this stuff once we pay in full but it seems that Azamara has a different approach.

I usually buy my own air, hotel, and transfers.  They are usually less expensive than buying them from the cruise line. On my last cruise in July, we bought transfer from ship to the airport. Using up some On Board Credit. As far as cruise documents, I don’t recall anything being sent from Azamara. My travel agent did send a cruise receipt when I paid the final payment.  About 2 months before your cruise, you should do the online checkin.  You may find that the cabin number is on line. After completing the checkin, you will print a coded boarding pass.  You may also enter photo and credit card to be used on the ship. I do not post a photo or credit card. At embarkation, they take a photo to be used on the seapass and request a credit card for purchases made on the ship. Much safer to do it then.  The less you post on the web, the better.  You may also request luggage tags be sent to you or print them from the online checkin. I have them sent.  I have also just waited until embarkation. Porters have blank luggage tags that they will attach to your bags.  By then you will know your cabin number. If not, just write a GTY and your name.  

For details on air, hotel, and transfers ask your TA or call Azamara.  

1 hour ago, Desert Cruisers said:

Thanks for info.  I was just curious as all of the inside cabins - that's what we have - are sold out.

Another question...When does Azamara usually provide documents such as boarding passes, details of hotel/transfer package, etc?  We are used to getting this stuff once we pay in full but it seems that Azamara has a different approach.

Although all the inside cabins are sold out now, Azamara will be asking passengers with definite cabins if they want to bid to upgrade their cabins. This is likely to result in some empty inside cabins to be assigned to folks who booked a guarantee inside. If no-one from an inside cabin makes a successful upgrade bid, you may get lucky and get an ocean view cabin.

On 9/10/2019 at 10:59 PM, Kristal Blade said:

Thank you Combine,

we have an odd number, 6039, but sounds like it will be similar to yours. As it’s our first Azamara cruise and port intensive I don’t think we will spend a lot of time in the cabin.

so long as we have the surface of the dressing table for plonking down cameras etc it will be fine.

I have been in 6036 and really liked it. Both that cabin and 6039 are between the lifeboats so you can see out. I have not been in the corner cabins at the ends so cannot comment on that but definitely would choose 6036 or 6039.

I will mention that I travel alone so no problems with space or closet. Also I do not order room service so do t need the couch or coffee table. The desk was fine for my needs and the cabin was cozy for one person. The only thing I needed to remember was to keep the blinds closed when the crew was working on the lifeboats outside the window!

Anne

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Same for me Anne and considering you have the same size bathroom as other standard cabins I particularly liked the more open access to the wardrobes, which again are standard size. 

Phil 5C886C67-A61C-4DE0-A530-BFE845D47927.thumb.jpeg.5dacb0cde473c08ed1161d3eed4ccd22.jpeg

Good photo Phil. I wouldn't mind a smaller bed for one person, but I guess you cant have everything. Those cabins are outstanding value, especially if you snag the right ones. The location is the best, IMO.

Anne

• Like 1