Crowd Free Beach Club

RCCL Fan

We're looking for a new beach club to visit...  we've done Chankanaab and Nachi.

Family of 4....   

parents late 30's and 2 low key girls 5 & 10. 

Here's what we want

1)upscale beach club

2) crowd free beach time

3) quiet

4) great service

5) authentic food.

We loved the national park for food, and great service... but hate the rocky deep water beach

We loved the beach and crowd size at Nachi  but service, food and drinks were awful.

Mr. Sanchos and Playa Mia look like a crowded party atmosphere.   we don't want anything like that at all.

have any other suggestions, something calm, quiet, relaxing, with great service and a beach where kids can safely wade into the water.

• Like 1

You may want to try Playa Palancar.  It's further south toward the lighthouse.  But usually, unless there are a lot of ships in port, it isn't as crowded.

https://www.playapalancar.com/

Playa Mia does have a great children's area, and I wouldn't consider it a "party beach", but it does get crowded.

Corona Beach and Playa San Francisco are smaller beaches around the Nachi area, but for children I don't recall either having a lot  water activities. And beach entrances can be rocky.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g150809-d154080-Reviews-Playa_Corona_Corona_Beach_Club-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g150809-d153892-Reviews-Playa_San_Francisco-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

There are several resorts along the western shore that offer AI day passes, but IMO, these are geared to adult only.

Could be wrong on that.

Money Bar has great snorkeling off of their pier and a small beach area.  Great food and drinks.  They may draw a small crowd, but it's our favorite place to hang out for a few hours when in Cozumel.

Playa Palancar has a great beach but no snorkeling unless you jump in one of the little runners that take folks out to the reef.  Not sure of the cost.  Food was great there last year.   Be careful here - you don't want to pay for the Maya Palancar VIP right next to Playa Palancar.  Entry to Playa Palancar is free.

Crowd Free Beach Club

Here's what we want

1)upscale beach club

2) crowd free beach time

3) quiet

4) great service

5) authentic food.

Good luck! 😉

Seriously, every day visitor and their brother is looking for that perfect beach with an upscale food and service experience, and some folks even want it cheap! 🤔 In a mega-ship cruise port like this - and on a smaller island to boot - this doesn’t exist of course...

Playa Palancar was a nice, quiet beach escape when we cruised 18 years ago. We returned there earlier this year from our home near Playa to see how much it had changed, and we were stunned to see the crowds there. Not many ships in port, but packed full of day visitors willing to travel further south in search of that elusive beach. With the popularity of cruising and the unbelievable number of day visitors landing each day you have to look further and further from the cruise ports to find a nice, quiet beach, and Playa Palancar is no longer far enough away. Nothing is really. But PP is a gorgeous beach with typically calm and clear water that is great for kids. Not an upscale experience by any means, but good food and drink service.

On 9/14/2019 at 11:03 PM, MrSchwump said:

I guess it’s a matter of timing. We visited Playa Palancar on a day when there were 7 ships in port. It was busy but not over crowded. I thought the food was good and prices seemed fair.

I guess...when we stopped that morning all lounges and even all the free tables behind the lounges were taken...

It was also a huge time span since our last visit to this beach and we were just stunned to see so many lounges and palapas had been added to accommodate the influx of day visitors...

Edited by blue_water

12 minutes ago, blue_water said:

I guess...when we stopped that morning all lounges and even all the free tables behind the lounges were taken...

It was also a huge time span since our last visit to this beach and we were just stunned to see so many lounges and palapas had been added to accommodate the influx of day visitors...

I agree that Palancar is much busier. Good for business but not so good for those of us who enjoyed it when it was quieter!

On 9/9/2019 at 11:58 PM, RCCL Fan said:

We're looking for a new beach club to visit...  we've done Chankanaab and Nachi.

Family of 4....   

Here's what we want

1)upscale beach club

2) crowd free beach time

3) quiet

4) great service

5) authentic food.

We love going to Cozumel for land and cruise ship visits and have been to many (not all by any means) beach bars/clubs/resorts from basic, rustic to high-end, modern facilities and I can’t think of one that would fit ALL of your criteria. However I think the definitions of your criteria are also very subjective and my idea of them may not be the same as yours.

“Upscale beach clubs” and “Cozumel” don’t go together in my mind and for “authentic food” I would have to go to a restaurant in town but if you are meaning “good” TexMex then some beach clubs are certainly better than others. I agree with your assessment of Nachi and to some extent Chankanaab.

Crew makes some good suggestions although I definitely don’t consider Corona high-end! Palancar is good but has definitely become busier in recent years. There is now a new VIP beach club there at one end which I haven’t been to but may be more the vibe you are looking for BUT research carefully as I have read reviews of being a rip-off including the warning above, but again it could be just one persons opinion or experience. 

Places like Playa Mia/Paradise Beach are going to be busy because they offer the facilities and activities that many people want but I wouldn’t necessarily say “party”. I haven’t been to Sanchos or Playa Mia but Paradise has excellent clean facilities and pool which I would go to with kids but again I would not consider it quiet. 

Allegro, next to Nachi has one of the best sandy beaches, but mediocre food when we visited several years ago on a day pass. Occidental (sister hotel) is slightly upscale with better food but both are buffet only I believe at lunch. There are many more hotel resorts offering day passes north and south of the ports. The only other one we have been to is Park Royal next to International pier. We enjoy it for convenience, small walk-in sandy beach, kids club and pools. We have never found it crowded but I am sure that depends on time of year. Again only buffet lunch with some snack bar facilities, some drink waiter service. (I don’t think you are going to get “pampered “ at any of the family oriented AI’s.)

My other suggestions for research would be to hire a driver for the day (we use ToursPlaza) and visit Punta Sur, another national park. I haven’t been to the new beach club there so can’t attest to service or quality but I have enjoyed the lighthouse, lagoon and crocodiles. Lots of suggestions for kid friendly activities on ToursPlaza website if you just want a completely flexible day with some culture, sightseeing, beach time. Take advice on where you can safely enter the water on the east side.

Another place to consider but I haven’t been is Passion Island but I know you generally travel Royal and I haven’t seen it listed on my sailings recently.

Edited by c-leg5

I’d try Nachi again. We have been there multiple times. Once or twice the service has been OK, but I think it definitely checks most of your boxes.

We are try Mr Sanchos next month for the water toys. I will report back.

Edited by nydney1
Added more

I agree.  We've been to Nachi several times and have never had an issue with the service or food - but no one bats 1000.  Nachi hits all of your requirements, especially crowds and quiets.  While we've enjoyed the food at Nachi, I doubt you will find "authentic Mexican cuisine" at any beach club on Cozumel.

That was my wish list --- I understanding finding all was a tall order, but it would be my wishlist.

Perhaps I should have said --- good fresh non generic food.

Fresh fish tacos with rice & beans   instead of crinkle cut frozen fries and a frozen processed hamburger patty

We're going to try Paradise this go around.   They promised to put us in a section in a less busy spot.

I think we're going to pass on Nachi again...  my wife who liked it more than me is saying she doesn't have an interest in going back

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2019 at 2:35 PM, RCCL Fan said:

That was my wish list --- I understanding finding all was a tall order, but it would be my wishlist.

Perhaps I should have said --- good fresh non generic food.

Fresh fish tacos with rice & beans   instead of crinkle cut frozen fries and a frozen processed hamburger patty

We're going to try Paradise this go around.   They promised to put us in a section in a less busy spot.

I think we're going to pass on Nachi again...  my wife who liked it more than me is saying she doesn't have an interest in going back

please report back.  i have the same wishlist.

On 9/10/2019 at 12:58 AM, RCCL Fan said:

Family of 4....   

Here's what we want

1)upscale beach club

2) crowd free beach time

3) quiet

4) great service

5) authentic food.

have any other suggestions, something calm, quiet, relaxing, with great service and a beach where kids can safely wade into the water.

I’m not sure paradise beach is what your looking for however my DH and I both enjoyed it. 

Its quite if you get there early but as more people come it gets louder. One family actually came with their blue tooth radio and was playing  music.

The pool area was very quiet as seldom people were using it while we were there.

If you sit out further from the beach and bar area it’s much quieter but you can’t control who happens to come sit near you anywhere......

The food and service were very good. FYI we did not have the all inclusive package.

Its very very beautiful but I would not consider it upscale by any means. I’m sure you’ve seen pictures and hopefully videos so if it comes across as looking upscale to you then to each his own because even before visiting I never got that vibe. 

Hope you enjoy it, we certainly did!

Edited by Missmun

• 3 weeks later...