Cruise Critic Community
kokopelli-az

Disney debuts new accessible shore excursions

Disney is an expensive line, and frankly, I don't want to go on a cruise that caters to families with a lot of rug rats running around. Wish the other cruise lines would do the same though.

1 hour ago, Splinter said:

Disney is an expensive line, and frankly, I don't want to go on a cruise that caters to families with a lot of rug rats running around. Wish the other cruise lines would do the same though.

As an FYI, you do know that there are people with handicapped children, that enjoy Disney, and up till now, most excursions were not handicapped friendly, causing folks to hire out for their excursions.    All forum posts are not adult only.    

1 hour ago, Cruseforme said:

As an FYI, you do know that there are people with handicapped children, that enjoy Disney, and up till now, most excursions were not handicapped friendly, causing folks to hire out for their excursions.    All forum posts are not adult only.    

Certainly. Not discounting this. But adults considering a Disney cruise just because they offer more accessible tours should know what they are signing up for!

You have to sell and arm and a leg to afford a Disney Cruise, so they are just catering to their newly disabled cruisers :)

Sorry for the bad joke. I'm glad to see they are doing this. I hope other cruise lines follow.

OK, as the OP,  I have never been on a Disney Cruise and I'm sure I won't be on one.   If anyone is thinking about a Disney cruise I hope they have researched the line and see that it is very kid-oriented. 

I have seen numerous couples, families, extended families, friends and groups cruising together where someone in the group has a disability and might be interested in accessible shore excursions.  

But for anyone who does, or is considering, cruising on Disney, they are offering some additional accessible excursion choices.