Cruise Critic Community
dchan865

Regal princess connecting room door sound proof?

Hi, got a trivial question about the Regal Princess(or its sister ship) connecting room on the Baja deck(B510) that I booked.  The room is a deluxe balcony  so  a sofa is blocking the connecting door. Is the door sound proof? Just curious to know if I'd be able to  hear people's conversation(normal voice) next door to us.  

Thanks.

14 hours ago, dchan865 said:

Hi, got a trivial question about the Regal Princess(or its sister ship) connecting room on the Baja deck(B510) that I booked.  The room is a deluxe balcony  so  a sofa is blocking the connecting door. Is the door sound proof? Just curious to know if I'd be able to  hear people's conversation(normal voice) next door to us.  

Thanks.

The door itself is not the problem. The small space under the door can let noise through, just like the space under the door to the hallway can let hallway noise enter the cabin.

We've never found any connecting door, ship or hotel, to be really soundproof.   As Caribill says above, there's inevitably a space around the door that lets sound through.    In our last connecting room, we could hear muted conversations and tell the TV was on in the next room but couldn't really make out details of what was being said.    

Had connecting rooms on the Regal last Christmas. Not at all soundproof. Our kids were next door, young adults, fairly quiet, but we heard everything they said, particularly if they were standing close to the door. Vowed never again and let our TA know as well.

From all that I have read about the connecting cabins on Cruise Critic. You can hear the people in the next cabin. Sorry 

Tony

2 hours ago, h-sar said:

Had connecting rooms on the Regal last Christmas. Not at all soundproof. Our kids were next door, young adults, fairly quiet, but we heard everything they said, particularly if they were standing close to the door. Vowed never again and let our TA know as well.

And I guess they could hear everything you said.

We had this exact cabin and like others said it was not soundproof.  In fact i heard the guy snoring next door.  Mind you i am a light sleeper.

Also door is not where couch is.  It was right where the room opens from the hallway.

Besides the noise problem from conversations, if the people in one room like to keep their balcony door open at times the whistling from air rushing under the connecting doorway can be quite annoying. 

We made the mistake one time, never again.

oh man i hope my neighbor wouldn't be too loud or have kids with them. Now i should consider getting a different cabin.

thanks guys.

10 minutes ago, dchan865 said:

oh man i hope my neighbor wouldn't be too loud or have kids with them. Now i should consider getting a different cabin.

thanks guys.

Just because kids are in the next cabin that makes them bad?  

On 9/10/2019 at 12:19 PM, dchan865 said:

Thanks.

Sounds like someone is planning a grand time in the room, wink wink, nod, nod