Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
dchan865

Regal princess connecting room door sound proof?

Recommended Posts

Hi, got a trivial question about the Regal Princess(or its sister ship) connecting room on the Baja deck(B510) that I booked.  The room is a deluxe balcony  so  a sofa is blocking the connecting door. Is the door sound proof? Just curious to know if I'd be able to  hear people's conversation(normal voice) next door to us.  

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dchan865 said:

Hi, got a trivial question about the Regal Princess(or its sister ship) connecting room on the Baja deck(B510) that I booked.  The room is a deluxe balcony  so  a sofa is blocking the connecting door. Is the door sound proof? Just curious to know if I'd be able to  hear people's conversation(normal voice) next door to us.  

Thanks.

 

The door itself is not the problem. The small space under the door can let noise through, just like the space under the door to the hallway can let hallway noise enter the cabin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've never found any connecting door, ship or hotel, to be really soundproof.   As Caribill says above, there's inevitably a space around the door that lets sound through.    In our last connecting room, we could hear muted conversations and tell the TV was on in the next room but couldn't really make out details of what was being said.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had connecting rooms on the Regal last Christmas. Not at all soundproof. Our kids were next door, young adults, fairly quiet, but we heard everything they said, particularly if they were standing close to the door. Vowed never again and let our TA know as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From all that I have read about the connecting cabins on Cruise Critic. You can hear the people in the next cabin. Sorry 

Tony

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, h-sar said:

Had connecting rooms on the Regal last Christmas. Not at all soundproof. Our kids were next door, young adults, fairly quiet, but we heard everything they said, particularly if they were standing close to the door. Vowed never again and let our TA know as well.

 

And I guess they could hear everything you said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had this exact cabin and like others said it was not soundproof.  In fact i heard the guy snoring next door.  Mind you i am a light sleeper.

 

Also door is not where couch is.  It was right where the room opens from the hallway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Besides the noise problem from conversations, if the people in one room like to keep their balcony door open at times the whistling from air rushing under the connecting doorway can be quite annoying. 

We made the mistake one time, never again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh man i hope my neighbor wouldn't be too loud or have kids with them. Now i should consider getting a different cabin.

thanks guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dchan865 said:

oh man i hope my neighbor wouldn't be too loud or have kids with them. Now i should consider getting a different cabin.

thanks guys.

Just because kids are in the next cabin that makes them bad?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2019 at 12:19 PM, dchan865 said:

Hi, got a trivial question about the Regal Princess(or its sister ship) connecting room on the Baja deck(B510) that I booked.  The room is a deluxe balcony  so  a sofa is blocking the connecting door. Is the door sound proof? Just curious to know if I'd be able to  hear people's conversation(normal voice) next door to us.  

Thanks.

Sounds like someone is planning a grand time in the room, wink wink, nod, nod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...