Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Radarhog

Miami Hotels

Leaving on a canal cruise Feb 14, 2020. We are going to drive down and spend the night before in Miami. Preferably close to the cruise terminals. Any suggestions for a decent hotel under $300.

With parking for your cruise? Only some hotels near the MIA airport offer cruise parking deals. Check Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon, Embassy Suites MIA and La Quinta East.

Two one way rentals and no parking opens up many more options in downtown Miami. Look at Doubletree, next door Marriott, Intercontinental and hotels in the Mary Brickell area.

18 hours ago, Radarhog said:

Leaving on a canal cruise Feb 14, 2020. We are going to drive down and spend the night before in Miami. Preferably close to the cruise terminals. Any suggestions for a decent hotel under $300.

Most probably not near Downtown for under $300 on Feb 13!!! According to Miami Port Hotels!

I would look for hotels along the way of your route and drive to the Port the next morning.

On 9/10/2019 at 7:37 PM, JohninDC said:

With parking for your cruise? Only some hotels near the MIA airport offer cruise parking deals. Check Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon, Embassy Suites MIA and La Quinta East.

Two one way rentals and no parking opens up many more options in downtown Miami. Look at Doubletree, next door Marriott, Intercontinental and hotels in the Mary Brickell area.

Thanks. We are Florida residents so will be renting a car one way for the drive down and turning it in on the 13th. Uber to the port. So parking is not an issue. Will check out the hotels you mentioned. I did make a reservation with 24hr cancelation policy just to get something confirmed.

That is a very expensive weekend. So your options will be limited near Downtown/Brickell. Checking hotels.com only the low end hotels that I would never recommend are under $300/night. Though I did see SLS Brickell at $299. I would book that right away if I wanted a nice Miami hotel that night. 

I have compiled a list of recommended hotels in Miami.

Some are above $300.00 and others are not.

You can check out pricing for them.

Keith

We spend about one week in Miami each year before a cruise.

They are all within about one mile of each other.

Close to the Port:

Intercontinental

Marriott Marquis (about six years old)

Epic Hotel (priciest of the ones I am mentioning). Avoid a room on a lower floor as you may hear quite a bit of noise from a nearby bridge.

Holiday Inn (some like it but I would recommend the other two)

Hyatt (I like the location better of the first three even though it is close by)

These hotels are about five minutes from the port.  Near restaurants and CVS Pharmacy which is good to pick up last minute items and near a Whole Foods.  

Just a couple of minutes further from the port

Mandarin Oriental (priciest of the ones mentioned).  Private man made beach.

About 10 minutes from the port or maybe 15 depending on traffic but relatively close so no worries.

JW Marriott

Conrad Hilton

Hyatt Centric

East Miami (relative new hotel so doesn't get mentioned much and is near the new Brickell Centre.  More on Brickell in a moment.)  Also the SLS Lux Brickell is nearby.

And then just another few minutes away 

Four Seasons (like Mandarin a bit pricier then most I've listed) but in a very quiet location.

Hampton Inn (a lot of value here.  It is not a full service hotel but it is a nice Hampton and includes breakfast)

The last group of hotels I have mentioned starting with Mandarin Oriental and ending with Hampton Inn are near lots of restaurants.

There is Mary Brickell Village and right near there are lots of restaurants and also near two CVS Pharmacies (JW Marriott right next to a 24 hour one) and near Publix (there are two in the area) where you can pick up lots of last minute items.

Then there is the new Brickell Centre which opened last in 2016.  Lots of stores and restaurants.

I have stayed at some of these hotels and have been inside each and everyone.

Again, they represent a wide range of price points.

Keith