NCL Laundry - is it Folded?

firstimer2009

We plan on using the stuff bag special on our upcoming 9/22 Venice cruise.  Relatives just got off a Celebrity Med cruise and also did their laundry special. They told us their clothes came back in a bag completely stuffed, not folded.  They were quite surprised, as I would be too.  They warned us this might happen for us too.

Every thread I read about NCL laundry looks like it is returned folded.  Please assure me this is true.

Ours - for years - usually returned stacked neatly, folder in a wicker basket with a clean sheet & tag with our stateroom #.  Go right back into our packing cubes (medium ones are a good fit, size-wise)

Give credits when it is due to NCL, it's the "Norwegian" way of doing guest laundry.   When we send ours out, we rolled & stuffed that paper bag full, lined with a plastic bag or (clean) pillow case (from Room Steward ... alerted ahead that it's coming so s/he will pick it up & send it down for us in the morning) 

IMG_20180502_233321.jpg

IMG_20181102_202225761.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mking8288 said:

Ours - for years - usually returned stacked neatly, folder in a wicker basket with a clean sheet & tag with our stateroom #.  Go right back into our packing cubes (medium ones are a good fit, size-wise)

Give credits when it is due to NCL, it's the "Norwegian" way of doing guest laundry.   When we send ours out, we rolled & stuffed that paper bag full, lined with a plastic bag or (clean) pillow case (from Room Steward ... alerted ahead that it's coming so s/he will pick it up & send it down for us in the morning) 

IMG_20180502_233321.jpg

Toweled animals not included !

Excellent service and the bag deal is great deal - beats other cruise line and the buckets of quarters to wait and wait

to use the few workable machines - Oh and did I mention more buckets of quarters to use the drying facility and you

want ironing board with that - wait for it.

NCL has the best deal going period !

Have an opportunity to take the Back Scenes Tour (BST) do it and be amazed with the operation and care taken

in laundry of all things on the ship - even dry cleaning !

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AlexandNessa said:

Even when we ask for it to be returned on hangers, it comes back folded, which drives us batty. We usual get the clothes in a basket, and they get wrinkled.

Remember to remove basket before wearing ! LOL !

Don't get hung up on lack of hangers - NCL probably knows your cabin doesn't have a place to hang the hangers.

On a more serious side if you paid for hanger service - a phone call or visit to Guest Services may waive the laundry charges.

Oh and there is nothing you can do about those itchy scratchy id tags affixed in the most intimate of places.

Enjoy your new found massage or new dance step on the lounge floor ! LOL !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mking8288 said:

IMG_20180502_233321.jpg

That's so lovely.  I had no clue what to expect but it's better than I thought. 

Edited by firstimer2009

@mking8288 Great pix!!!!

I echo previous posters!  We've been Platinum status for quite a while & take advantage of the free bag of laundry for each of us on every cruise.  It ALWAYS comes back to us as pictured above; neatly folded & in a nice wicker basket!  NCL does a GREAT job at laundry!

Hope you have a great cruise...and clean laundry!!!  🤩

Edited by tomk3212
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, firstimer2009 said:

I thought the same. It may have just missed being wash.   But they said it was clean.  Just very wrinkly. 

Who said it was clean ?

I would have taken this up with the Hotel Director (new title General Manager) and reported that this is

not up to the experience received on other NCL ships - not acceptable ! Do it over and waive the charge !

We are on the Joy now and sent our laundry out Tuesday and requested folded. Yesterday evening we were wondering where it was...then I opened the closet and there it was, all on hangers!! Even my husbands white t-shirts!! And I always request cold water and haven't had any problems.