Shareholder OBC

Mike45LC

Princess did an amazing job crediting my Shareholder's On-Board Credit.  I sent the request and brokerage statement in by fax, and the credit is reflected on my Personalizer in less than 24 hours!!  That is fast!  Because we are quick to complain about everything, I wanted to give kudos for a job well done!

• Like 8

I just looked on our account and the stockholder's credit is there for our spring 2020 cruise within 24 hrs but they ALSO put the credit on our Dec 2020 cruise already as well!

I thought you had to show that you owned the stock much closer to the sail date of your cruise and this is more than 1 year out!! Wow!!

That's just great!!

• Like 3

I make a cover letter that has all the information required on the Princess form and have never had a problem.  Have done it this way for over 3 years.  So I only FAX the cover letter and brokerage statement.   Also, when you refare your booking for whatever reason, check your "Personalizer" to make sure the  Stock OBC is still there.  So far in the last few months, each of my refares have had this credit drop off the  booking confirmation showing the new price.  A quick call to Princess and the OBC has been added back to the booking while I'm on the phone.

Edited by coo359a2

I submitted my first ever OBC request last week (bought in on the recent dip, but waited till the month end brokerage statement was available) and the credits showed up on both my November cruises later that same day. I was impressed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, riffatsea said:

I thought you had to show that you owned the stock much closer to the sail date of your cruise and this is more than 1 year out!! Wow!!

That used to be the requirement. But they changed it last year when payment for pre-booked excursions became a requirement.

Many complained that they wanted to use the stockholder OBC to help pay for the excursions which was possible when you did not have to pay for any excursions until on the cruise.

9 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

I make a cover letter that has all the information required on the Princess form and have never had a problem.  Have done it this way for over 3 years.  So I only FAX the cover letter and brokerage statement.   Also, when you refare your booking for whatever reason, check your "Personalizer" to make sure the  Stock OBC is still there.  So far in the last few months, each of my refares have had this credit drop off the  booking confirmation showing the new price.  A quick call to Princess and the OBC has been added back to the booking while I'm on the phone.

I asked my TA if she could see our obc  that I sent in a couple weeks ago and she also said that if you make any change or refare, the obc will disappear.  BUt we did not refare either cruise.   My obc for the fcc is not showing on one of them.  My AMEX credit is not there either.   I still have almost two months but I like to have everything documented on paper.  I hate to waste paper and print it every time an obc shows up but I may need to or at least take a screen shot with my phone.

7 minutes ago, compozer said:

I asked my TA if she could see our obc  that I sent in a couple weeks ago and she also said that if you make any change or refare, the obc will disappear.  BUt we did not refare either cruise.   My obc for the fcc is not showing on one of them.  My AMEX credit is not there either.   I still have almost two months but I like to have everything documented on paper.  I hate to waste paper and print it every time an obc shows up but I may need to or at least take a screen shot with my phone.

My TA tells me after she does the refare that the Stock OBC is not on the booking anymore.  So far it has only been the S OBC to drop off when refared.  Can't recall if any other OBC dropped off for anything else.  Instead of printing or taking a screen shot, I have in the past made a new Word Document and copied the OBCs to the document each time something made it change.  Also, could do the same with a draft email and keep copying/pasting the OBCs to the draft - like keeping a running tally for OBCs.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

Also, when you refare your booking for whatever reason, check your "Personalizer" to make sure the  Stock OBC is still there.  So far in the last few months, each of my refares have had this credit drop off the  booking confirmation showing the new price.  A quick call to Princess and the OBC has been added back to the booking while I'm on the phone.

Same for me. Two cruises, 2 refares, 2 disappearing OBCs.

I didn't call, tho'. I just refaxed the info.

15 minutes ago, compozer said:

I asked my TA if she could see our obc  that I sent in a couple weeks ago and she also said that if you make any change or refare, the obc will disappear.  But we did not refare either cruise.   My obc for the fcc is not showing on one of them.  My AMEX credit is not there either.   I still have almost two months but I like to have everything documented on paper.  I hate to waste paper and print it every time an obc shows up but I may need to or at least take a screen shot with my phone.

That's a lot of missing OBC.

5 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Same for me. Two cruises, 2 refares, 2 disappearing OBCs.

I didn't call, tho'. I just refaxed the info.

Just call the Princess 800 # and the CSR will contact the office doing the Shareholder credit while you are on hold (maybe 3 minutes) and they have it credited back by the time the CSR gets back to you and tells you it is done.  For me that is a lot easier than faxing  it again.  

You do not have to deal with your agent at all when it comes to stockholder OBC or veteran's OBC.

You can deal directly with Princess even if you booked with a TA.

You can see it on your account yourself.

You don't need any special form for the stockholder OBC.

Just give them the info they need about your cruise and cabin so they get it right!

11 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

This is exactly what I’ve always done and have had no issues. It’s always posted to my booking with 24-48 hours.