Cruise Critic Community
luckyinpa

reserving with mutiple credit cards

assuming you are in final payment when you are reserving, but it's 3 people that cannot get on the phone at the same time to reserve. (live in diff parts of the USA). can one just pay their part and have the others call in later to give their CC info? i'm sure it would be all in the same day but just not the same time. 

I would say not likely after final payment. They might be able to do multiple credit card numbers though. I would suggest 1 person collect the credit card information from all 3 people.

This is a situation where a travel agent (TA) is helpful/useful.  We'd also want more details to be ultimately helpful - are all 3 staying in the same cabin or just somehow on the same reservation?  Each cabin has to be booked separately if booking online, I don't know how it works with a PCC.  I do know that a TA can set up and "hold" the bookings (for 24 hours but they can negotiate to extend that) if booking separate rooms, then one person from each room contacts the TA to arrange payment. 

I did the separate rooms deal last month - had a TA hold a room each for me and my sister once we were satisfied with the offer, my sister then called the TA separate from me to make her payment.

I presume that it is not payment for the actual cruise.

Are you actually RESERVING some thing or PAYING for something?   If paying, and you are BIG buddies why not get one to pay for everything and the others to reimburse.

7 hours ago, casofilia said:

I presume that it is not payment for the actual cruise.

Are you actually RESERVING some thing or PAYING for something?   If paying, and you are BIG buddies why not get one to pay for everything and the others to reimburse.

what a condescending and rude answer but i guess with todays American what can we expect. what makes you think i'm going with buddies? bad assumption on your part.how insulting you are. 

and if you know of a way for one person to pay another with a credit card that would actually be useful information on topic with this thread instead of being a smart aleck. 

19 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

what a condescending and rude answer but i guess with todays American what can we expect. what makes you think i'm going with buddies? bad assumption on your part.how insulting you are. 

and if you know of a way for one person to pay another with a credit card that would actually be useful information on topic with this thread instead of being a smart aleck. 

How is condescending to suggest that one of you pay and have the other 2 friends reimburse the person paying? 

That being said why not speak with a NCL rep and ask if it's possible for one friend to collect everyone's credit card info provide it when booking the room. I can definitely see a vendor being very weary of this with all the fraud out there but they may have systems in place to allow this. 

31 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

You have clearly misread that reply, which was just suggesting a possible solution. Nothing condescending or rude at all. Casofilia is a very helpful poster on here, who helps lots of people.

And he is from New Zealand, so nothing to do with Americans.

35 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

I think the term "buddies" is an interchangeable term for the 3 people you are asking about..... that are close enough to you that you would feel comfortable paying for and trusting they pay you back.  Buddies could be college classmates, family, neighbors, etc.  No reason to be offended by that at all. 

Venmo is is an option for credit card payments between people.......  and by the way, casofilia said "reimburse" but you added the requirement of a credit card. 

But the absolute best in your reply is that you disrespect Americans by actually showing how arrogant Americans can be... everything isn't always about USA ....... casofilia is from New Zealand.  

10 minutes ago, esm54687 said:

I think the term "buddies" is an interchangeable term for the 3 people you are asking about..... that are close enough to you that you would feel comfortable paying for and trusting they pay you back.  Buddies could be college classmates, family, neighbors, etc.  No reason to be offended by that at all. 

Is there some other meaning for "buddies" that I am unaware of? As far as I am aware, it just means friends.

Edited by KeithJenner

Paypal is another way of transferring money to friends via credit card. If it is not a commercial transaction then I believe that you can do it fee free. I have sent money to people that way in the past.

3 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

Really is an over the top reaction to a Kiwi who was just making a suggestion. As for your second paragraph, dependant on your bank you could ask about a money transfer. My bank allows me to move funds from my credit card to any other account I have with them, then I make the payment from that account. Pay on one card and the other parties re-imburse the one who paid. This may not be possible, but it's just a suggestion from a Smart Alec Brit

2 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Is there some other meaning for "buddies" that I am unaware of? As far as I am aware, it just means friends.

Perhaps in Jamaica there is another meaning ... you can google

1 hour ago, BaWBarmy said:

This may not be possible, but it's just a suggestion from a Smart Alec Brit

LOL

So here's what I did. It was 12 days before the cruise and I went and put a hold on it. Then I went back in and entered in my cc and my friend's online in a split payment when we got together before the hold ran out. The hold was tagged to me online since I made it and my friend hadn't sailed with NCL yet so they had no account to check -- I would *think* that if they had sailed with NCL before and you entered their latitudes # when making the hold that the reservation should show up on their account to make a partial payment. Or that they could call with the reservation # and make a partial payment.

But since it's after final you'd have to make sure they quickly do that because I'm sure after a certain amount of time with an incomplete payment NCL will cancel it and you probably won't get your money back. 

5 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

What does the term buddy mean to you? 

A few questions....

Are promos an issue? Guest 3 wouldn't get.

What are the sleeping arrangements? Does someone get the sofa-bed or pullman?

If selecting the stateroom or category, do all 3 agree?

Is the total known and do all 3 agree on how much each person is responsible to pay?

As for the "condescending comment", I don't see it. There was nothing "American" about the comment, either.

I'd have the caller collect the card numbers and charge each card the agreed amount.

9 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

Huh? What did I miss, how is this answer rude and condescending? I would assume that if you are sharing a cabin with two other people, they are buddies, aka friends or family.

WOW!!!   What did I say to offend?

Thank you to those who understood what I was saying.

Mike

19 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

assuming you are in final payment when you are reserving, but it's 3 people that cannot get on the phone at the same time to reserve. (live in diff parts of the USA). can one just pay their part and have the others call in later to give their CC info? i'm sure it would be all in the same day but just not the same time. 

When a booking is created, a payment in full OPTION time is created.

If in Final Payment the cruise is within a few days, the OPTION could be as short as only a few hours.

If in Final Payment and the cruise is within a few weeks, the OPTION would likely be held for 24 hours.

If in Final Payment the cruise is still not for month or two or three , the OPTION could be held for 48 hours or more.

There would always be enough time for 3 people to call in separately.

3 hours ago, casofilia said:

WOW!!!   What did I say to offend?

Thank you to those who understood what I was saying.

Mike

Nothing...I got exactly what you meant, it was a nasty reply for no reason. 

10 hours ago, Son of a son of a ... said:

Perhaps in Jamaica there is another meaning ... you can google

OK, I’ll quote myself.  "Buddy” is slang for penis in guttural Jamaican.  The upper case “big,” although unintended by the respondent, next to “buddy,” may have been interpreted as rude by OP.  Alternatively, the OP micro-raged over nothing. 

25 minutes ago, Son of a son of a ... said:

OK, I’ll quote myself.  "Buddy” is slang for penis in guttural Jamaican.  The upper case “big,” although unintended by the respondent, next to “buddy,” may have been interpreted as rude by OP.  Alternatively, the OP micro-raged over nothing. 

Goodness now that never enter my mind😨 but I'm not into slang Jamaican.

I took it as a best buddy, someone you can trust with paying you back.

Edited by joejoe 59

Mea Culpa; Mea Maxima Culpa.

So I don't make the same sort of mistake again would someone please put an extensive list of words in common usage in the English language countries that might cause offence in the patois of obscure languages.

Sackcloth and ashes for the rest of the day.

If I ever go to Jamaica I will ensure I don't call across the road to someone "Hey Buddy"!!!!

On 9/10/2019 at 8:36 PM, luckyinpa said:

You can sign into MyNCL and make payments.  You can choose the amount you want to pay and give the  CC info.  I would think each person pay their share that way and you wouldn't have to call at all.

@emcelh

You can sign into MyNCL and make payments.  You can choose the amount you want to pay and give the  CC info. 

Are you sure of that?  I am in New Zealand and if I want to pay part of the cost of the cruise I have to phone NCL in Sydney.   No problem about it other than the HOLD!!