Cruise Critic Community
angyl

NCL Sky ~ Found Camera March 2018

I am a co-admin on a Facebook page. 

One of our members recently posted about finding a camera on a cruise a year and a half ago. Their ship sailed March 9, 2018 and it was called the NCL Sky. The wife packed up their belongings and didn’t realize until unpacking at home that it wasn’t their camera (it was just in the closet with their belongings.) His wife presumed it was his. 

Apparently this camera was left in the cabin from the cruise before theirs. He contacted NCL lost and found and other departments and NCL apparently checked the cabin number for four previous cruises and no one reported the camera lost or missing. If I were NCL I would’ve contacted  the last four occupants of that cabin. 

If anyone can help search the lost and founds or the NCL roll calls, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Perhaps one of you lost your camera or know someone that did. 

I will check in here and hope to find some responses, ideas, tips, or help. 

Feel free to private message me if this forum allows. And if I get more details I will post them here. Right now there are two photos and I could post them here, but waiting for the member to post more pictures

Here are two photos of the passengers that apparently lost their camera.

ABE24794-596E-4B96-B108-F9AEA90990DF.jpeg

217982D2-DEA4-4A60-8BA1-83AC1AF805A7.jpeg

Hopefully these pictures will trigger someone's memory!  Good luck with this!

Laura

Anyone recognize that fountain in pix #1 - Pegasus horses with wings ?

Were there just those two photos ?

More ?

Perhaps revealing more about travel location i.e. NCL SKY - Miami - Cuba ?

Memory card stick remove and have a reading device - photos - open file - check - Properties for date time stamp

for more clues.

CC - READERS - if your camera has an internal memory - record your address (email) on that to help your camera

find its way back to you. If not an internal memory then the first picture on the memory device make it your email

data. In this case with an email -  your camera was found where would you like it sent to !

11 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Anyone recognize that fountain in pix #1 - Pegasus horses with wings ?

Were there just those two photos ?

More ?

Perhaps revealing more about travel location i.e. NCL SKY - Miami - Cuba ?

Memory card stick remove and have a reading device - photos - open file - check - Properties for date time stamp

for more clues.

CC - READERS - if your camera has an internal memory - record your address (email) on that to help your camera

find its way back to you. If not an internal memory then the first picture on the memory device make it your email

data. In this case with an email -  your camera was found where would you like it sent to !

That top picture is right outside Atlantis in Nassau.

Year and a half later?  Doubting the owners will come forward, if NCL doesn't have a record of them doing so, yet.

Lol, we are amateur sleuths who do this for fun. You can’t believe how many cameras we returned to their owners after years of being lost. 

We are trying to get the man who contacted us to create an album and post all of his pictures other than ones with children of course, but he hadn’t done it yet.  Still trying to get more information from him  I think his departure date was 3-9- 2018 but of course this would be from the cruise before is our one before that. 

I’m not counting on NCL or NCL lost and found to help.  I am counting on someone among the members of this huge group to maybe have traveled with them or know who they are. But I appreciate every bit of help I can get from you guys. 

Not wanting to make this go viral just reaching out.

graphicguy - gave you a clue:

That top picture is right outside Atlantis in Nassau.

So the camera has been to Nassau at some point in time.

The picture's properties would give the time and date.

We know the op travel dates and probable list camera travel dates,  the itinerary, the ship, the ports, etc. 

Assuming the prior cruises were the same destinations, and length of travel as prior cruises. I will search the Roll Calls and List and Found  when I can. 

Trying to find the cabin number.

It was on NCL

Norwegian Sky

March 2018. 

I am hopeful we we can find them!

PS

More on protecting your camera. We like the idea of a photo of your contact information. 

7DFEAA9A-5E50-4887-A220-A3B41C19C67E.jpeg

Edited by angyl
Typo

Stateroom was 9237 and it was a three day cruise.