Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Are there 2 trams at Cococay...1 for the pier and 1 for the island?  Also, does the pier go all the way around the island?  I downloaded a map that indicates tram route and walking paths, and it looks like the tram route ends at the far end of Chill Island.  I've seen conflicting info, so I wanted to confirm with someone who has been there recently.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The pier has golf cart like vehicles that run to the tram station near Thrill Water park. 

 

The island tram is larger and it does the route around the island, turning around at Chill Island and returning along the same route in the opposite direction.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MaskedTurtle said:

I re-read what I wrote and realized how stupid it sounded.  I actually meant to ask if the tram route went all the way around the island.

 

I understood what you meant, I don't have the answer though as I have not been there since it was revamped. Some people just can't help being sarcastic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, twangster said:

The pier has golf cart like vehicles that run to the tram station near Thrill Water park. 

 

The island tram is larger and it does the route around the island, turning around at Chill Island and returning along the same route in the opposite direction.

 

 

 

So, the route isn't a complete circle or circuit.  That's what the map looked like.  If I wanted to go to the part of chill island that is by the beach bungalows, snorkel shack, straw market, etc., I would walk since the tram doesn't go there...right?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, charmy98 said:

 

I understood what you meant, I don't have the answer though as I have not been there since it was revamped. Some people just can't help being sarcastic.

Thanks.  I knew what I wanted to say, but my fingers typed something else.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MaskedTurtle said:

So, the route isn't a complete circle or circuit.  That's what the map looked like.  If I wanted to go to the part of chill island that is by the beach bungalows, snorkel shack, straw market, etc., I would walk since the tram doesn't go there...right?  

 

Yes. The paved walkway will take you to the area, but it’s all packed sand in that area (straw market, snorkel shack.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

The tram route is illustrated on this map in blue.

 

bJEHPeU.jpg

 

It starts near the CocoCay sign, goes to the right around Thrill Water park, behind the balloon,  around the back side of Oasis Lagoon and along Chill Island ending near the Chill Island Grill where it turns around and goes back the other way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, charmy98 said:

 

I understood what you meant, I don't have the answer though as I have not been there since it was revamped. Some people just can't help being sarcastic.

 

Thank you for being a mind reader.

 

I answered directly what I took to be a direct question.

 

But I see that you didn't answer her at all.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, twangster said:

The tram route is illustrated on this map in blue.

 

bJEHPeU.jpg

 

It starts near the CocoCay sign, goes to the right around Thrill Water park, behind the balloon,  around the back side of Oasis Lagoon and along Chill Island ending near the Chill Island Grill where it turns around and goes back the other way.

That's the one I downloaded.  I had assumed that the tram went on a complete circuit, but when I looked at this map, it didn't appear so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

 

Thank you for being a mind reader.

 

I answered directly what I took to be a direct question.

 

But I see that you didn't answer her at all.

 

 

After I read your answer, I re-read what I originally wrote and thought "oh my goodness, that just sounds silly."  I can only imagine what you thought.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, twangster said:

The tram route is illustrated on this map in blue.

 

bJEHPeU.jpg

 

It starts near the CocoCay sign, goes to the right around Thrill Water park, behind the balloon,  around the back side of Oasis Lagoon and along Chill Island ending near the Chill Island Grill where it turns around and goes back the other way.

Where does it stop, other than both ends of the circuit?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MaskedTurtle said:

After I read your answer, I re-read what I originally wrote and thought "oh my goodness, that just sounds silly."  I can only imagine what you thought.  

 

I only thought that you might not be familiar with the marine terms. 😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

How crowded is the Pier tram and does it just continually go back and forth?

 

We were there a couple of weeks ago and not crowded at all as it isn’t a particularly long walk. 

 

It was running all day on a continuous loop  loop like the tram.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...