Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
bmwman

YET MORE EX NCL TEAM JOIN

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, bmwman said:

Since writing this they are now on the ships. Indeed plenty of photos. If you want to know the Ships just ask Cooper. I think you find that the two biggest are headed by ex NCL team and other posted troughout the fleet.

 

If you are really trying to impart information, it would be helpful if you were much clearer about the information you are trying to impart.  There's no excuse for you posting in a manner that suggests this is some big secret.  State what you mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2019 at 2:54 PM, awhcruiser said:

What is the purpose of this thread?

 

I got nothing.  If you figure it out, let me know.  

 

Apparently it's a huge deal to warrant this thread being titled in all caps.  🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, bmwman said:

Since writing this they are now on the ships. Indeed plenty of photos. If you want to know the Ships just ask Cooper. I think you find that the two biggest are headed by ex NCL team and other posted troughout the fleet.

 

I think you will find there are plenty of lifers on all lines. 

 

Indeed If you check you will find I am correct. No big deal at all-  just saying.

 

As to the contracts check your facts - you can not move at will. Have you ever read one of the contracts - I have.

 

 

I do not know what you are trying to say. Why is this big deal for you? You say it is not yet you go on and on.

Who is Cooper? LOL

I have actually seen a contract and it is for a given period of time. It says nothing of having to work for that line exclusively. The contact I saw was for 4 months but as the person told me, they are 4, 6 and 8 months. The person I spoke with had worked on many ships and several lines over 10 years. They chose a contract based on time of year and locations of the ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pete_coach said:

I do not know what you are trying to say. Why is this big deal for you? You say it is not yet you go on and on.

Who is Cooper? LOL

I have actually seen a contract and it is for a given period of time. It says nothing of having to work for that line exclusively. The contact I saw was for 4 months but as the person told me, they are 4, 6 and 8 months. The person I spoke with had worked on many ships and several lines over 10 years. They chose a contract based on time of year and locations of the ships.

Sorry matey but it is my turn not to believe you. In fact I think you are just making it up. In all my years and sadly it is many, I have never heard of a free agent in the  passenger cruise industry. Of course there is no exclusivity as each contract is discrete and it is required for both UK and Us tax regimes. This is a complete red herring. 

 

You see why you are talking nonsense is that each cruise line has it own safety procedures amongst others policies  and they simply would not retrain an individual all the time. Imagine if all crew kept moving lines and moving back again.

 

Enough said!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bmwman said:

Imagine if all crew kept moving lines and moving back again.

 

No imagining necessary....

 

HAL has several captains that move between Seabourn and HAL.

 

Before the sale of the Prinsendam, Captain Dag moved between the Prinsendam and Seabourn ships fairly consistently, sailing on the Prinsendam at the end.

 

If captains can move, I’m pretty sure other staff can, too 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kazu said:

 

No imagining necessary....

 

HAL has several captains that move between Seabourn and HAL.

 

Before the sale of the Prinsendam, Captain Dag moved between the Prinsendam and Seabourn ships fairly consistently, sailing on the Prinsendam at the end.

 

If captains can move, I’m pretty sure other staff can, too 😉 

You might find that the reason for this is they are part of the same group and Captain is a relatively senior one off position. I can assure F&B and staff DO NOT move like this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't is common to move around?  A favorite HAL dining room manager came from DCL.  And a lovely young woman who lives down the street took a job running the children's program for a cruise line.  She thought she would only do it for one contract, but loved the sea life so much, she is still at it 15 years later, having changed cruise lines many times until she now has a great gig on a luxury line.  She says she has friends around the world!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

Isn't is common to move around?  A favorite HAL dining room manager came from DCL.  And a lovely young woman who lives down the street took a job running the children's program for a cruise line.  She thought she would only do it for one contract, but loved the sea life so much, she is still at it 15 years later, having changed cruise lines many times until she now has a great gig on a luxury line.  She says she has friends around the world!

Agreed but you will do a number of contracts with one company before moving. not one here and one there. I therefore agree with you but no one moves company every contract. just dealing with work permits and visas makes it impossible - Coach needs to check his facts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are more details over on NCL's board on this thread.

 

 

A few posts.  Not sure why the information over there can't be shared by bmwman here...  ???

 

On 10/5/2019 at 1:30 AM, bmwman said:

Papi is back..... with HAL - no surprises as he join up with his great friends Mustafa, Errol and Melvin Lobo and many others.

 

I also hear the great Prem is back on the ships  but not sure where.

 

And now Andy Stuart …. have HAL completed the set - watch this space!!

 

 

 

18 hours ago, bmwman said:

The dream team is not broken up - its now on HAL. He must have his reasons but I suspect that Musti and Errol are so happy would have played a great part in his decision process. HAL have actually got the best bar manager around now. So for us its HAL from now on to carry on the story. Tried it this summer and loved it.

 

Now will his sons follow ……….just saying

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, bmwman said:

Sorry matey but it is my turn not to believe you. In fact I think you are just making it up. In all my years and sadly it is many, I have never heard of a free agent in the  passenger cruise industry. Of course there is no exclusivity as each contract is discrete and it is required for both UK and Us tax regimes. This is a complete red herring. 

 

You see why you are talking nonsense is that each cruise line has it own safety procedures amongst others policies  and they simply would not retrain an individual all the time. Imagine if all crew kept moving lines and moving back again.

 

Enough said!!

 

 

Er, what in the world are you talking about in this thread?

 

You started out without giving any referent for us to look at, and it went downhill from there.

So you were complaining about staff moving from NCL to HAL, and now you are arguing that such moves are rarely done?

 

And then you just argue with everyone, often by misrepresenting what they've written?

 

Again, what is your point with of all of this, starting from the beginning?

 

 

GC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

Again, what is your point with of all of this, starting from the beginning?

 

 

Every now and then, a thread makes me scratch my head.  For the life of me, I cannot understand what the big deal is about cruise line employees switching cruise lines.  It happens all the darn time.  And why did it have to be shouted at us like it was the news of the century or something?  Hopefully the OP will put his anger in check and better explain.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bmwman said:

...

Enough said!!

 

 

 

First statement in this thread that actually makes sense to me ... 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bmwman said:

Sorry matey but it is my turn not to believe you. In fact I think you are just making it up. In all my years and sadly it is many, I have never heard of a free agent in the  passenger cruise industry. Of course there is no exclusivity as each contract is discrete and it is required for both UK and Us tax regimes. This is a complete red herring. 

 

You see why you are talking nonsense is that each cruise line has it own safety procedures amongst others policies  and they simply would not retrain an individual all the time. Imagine if all crew kept moving lines and moving back again.

 

Enough said!!

 

 

You completely contradict yourself. Even you admitted each contract is discrete. A contract is for the duration of that contract and then a new contract is signed....with anyone they choose.

Basic training is done for every person onboard. If they have qualifications on one ship, I am quite sure it carries over. It would be indicated in their resume. Certification could even be given. Having said that, training onboard a ship is ongoing....all the time. There are "new" employees all the time. This is not the Navy that makes you sign up for 5 years LOL.

You seriously need to re-think your position. A cruise line does not have exclusive rights to any employee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread had died the blissful, much needed death.

 

And then you bumped it, why?

 

You didn’t share any info.  Nor did you add any insight.  

All I see is a drama type post that tells us nothing and then you try to tell us that you know more about contracts?  Give me a break.

 

I am sure we will not be on the same cruises which is lucky as I think we are like oil and water 🙂 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kazu said:

This thread had died the blissful, much needed death.

 

And then you bumped it, why?

 

You didn’t share any info.  Nor did you add any insight.  

All I see is a drama type post that tells us nothing and then you try to tell us that you know more about contracts?  Give me a break.

 

I am sure we will not be on the same cruises which is lucky as I think we are like oil and water 🙂 

 

 

Thank God!! Can we end this thread please.

I agree Jacqui!

Denise😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...