Cruise Critic Community
DaBook

Singapore Port

Are there things to do and see after dropping off your luggage at the port?     Between Hotel Check out time and the ship leaving is there anything worth walking around to see that is very close to the port?     What facilities does the Port offer?  Any Suggestions would be very helpful!

Singapore has two cruise terminals. Singapore Cruise Centre, located at Harbourfront Centre and VivoCity, 10 to 15 minute taxi drive from downtown, and Marina Bay Cruise Centre (MBCCS), which is located just 5 minutes away from downtown and a metro station (MRT) 600 meters from the terminal.

We were on Azamara and sailed from Harborfront in 2016 - there's a mall attached (VivoCity, as noted above). We dropped off our luggage and roamed the mall for a half hour to spend our last S$. They do have a duty free shop there. Husband ended up buying some insulated pants at Uniqlo. It was 95 degrees F in Singapore, but hey, we had cash we wanted to use up, the pants were a good deal ;-)

Most ships use the Marina Bay Cruise Centre, which really has very little around it. A short walk to the MRT and you can access anywhere in Singapore.  But maybe a better choice would be to check out of your hotel and have them hold your bags, go site seeing and then return pic up bags and take a taxi to the port. 

Thank you for ALL Your Suggestions... The Port is the Marina Bay Cruise Centre (MBCCS).  We are staying in Chinatown area but wondered if after dropping off luggage at Port, We could take a taxi to some spot closer to port area to spend an hour or 2 .   AND that brings up a  Second Question - We are a group of 5 adults  - So are taxis readily available for 5 passengers?  Again Thank You!!

I will be arriving into Singapore, Changi at 0630 early March and of course the ship won't be sailing until 1600.

Can anyone please let me know what would be the earliest I would be able to drop my bag off.

Even dawdling it will not take long to clear the airport and a taxi ride to MBCCS will only take about 20 minutes.  I'm  concerned that if I turn up too early the port will be crazy with disembarking passengers with luggage everywhere. 

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Judy

On 9/13/2019 at 4:10 AM, DaBook said:

Thank you for ALL Your Suggestions... The Port is the Marina Bay Cruise Centre (MBCCS).  We are staying in Chinatown area but wondered if after dropping off luggage at Port, We could take a taxi to some spot closer to port area to spend an hour or 2 .   AND that brings up a  Second Question - We are a group of 5 adults  - So are taxis readily available for 5 passengers?  Again Thank You!!

If you can drop off luggage early at Marina Bay Cruise Centre it is only a 10 minute walk to a subway station. Travel 2 stops and you are at Marina Bay shopping centre and Marina Bay Sands Hotel. Many passengers kill time here before returning to the port for embarkation.

NeilonBoard - Thank You!!    Exactly What I was looking For!!

We dropped our bags off around 10am and caught the metro/subway to Chinatown. Quick, easy and cheap. We returned around 2pm to check in without any crowds