MedallionClass™ problems

cheeseclan

I wanted mine to work right.  I like apps, for the most part.  My app isn't working correctly.  I spent over an hour on the phone this morning and they had me send them screenshots of what mine was doing.  They said it definitely was a glitch with the app, but they don't know why.  I only have 3 circles available and my hubby doesn't even appear.   At first I think the lady thought it was user error until I walked through the steps, stating what I was doing, and emailed screen shots to them.   They created a user ticket and said that they would call me before the end of next week.  Oh well, it will all be good!

My next cruise is in December on the Sky, ever since I've installed the new Medallion App it has said that we are on a cruise that started yesterday. I just checked it, Not only is it "Sunday, Sept 15" but, we are on day Two - At sea (I wish)! Tell me how it's not buggy again please?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

My next cruise is in December on the Sky, ever since I've installed the new Medallion App it has said that we are on a cruise that started yesterday. I just checked it, Not only is it "Sunday, Sept 15" but, we are on day Two - At sea (I wish)! Tell me how it's not buggy again please?

I am looking forward to your review of your September 14 cruise.

If not elite already, it will get you closer to that status.

On 9/13/2019 at 4:33 PM, AF-1 said:

wow good for you.  As of now my medallion class app does not accept my booking #.  Not a big deal

We're on the Sky in January and we were able to add all our info into the app also.  Hopefully yours shows up soon. It's pretty cool.  Gives you a countdown to the cruise and even your muster station!

16 hours ago, satxdiver said:

Some are indeed sincere in their issues while others are not so sincere.  There is a group whose goal is to demean the OM effort any chance they get. 

Can you link a 'demeaning' post?

Most of the negative posts I have seen are of two flavors "I don't see this offering any benefit to me.",

and "I don't like the intrusion of princess knowing so much abut me".

Both of those seem to be reasonable opinions for someone to hold.

Personally, I have been truly enjoying the medallion saga.

It take marketing chutzpa to be unable to get a single ship to work, while announcing a roll-out

schedule (by date) for subsequent ships.   Then, failing, and announcing more dates.

I don't think the sky is falling, but maybe it is...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, wrongwaywatson said:

I wanted mine to work right.  I like apps, for the most part.  My app isn't working correctly.  I spent over an hour on the phone this morning and they had me send them screenshots of what mine was doing.  They said it definitely was a glitch with the app, but they don't know why.  I only have 3 circles available and my hubby doesn't even appear.   At first I think the lady thought it was user error until I walked through the steps, stating what I was doing, and emailed screen shots to them.   They created a user ticket and said that they would call me before the end of next week.  Oh well, it will all be good!

You must just be doing it the WRONG WAY!!!  :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

has anyone on this board been able to download the medallionclass app and either load or have their cruise already on the app?   Second question, are there any cruises in the app that are over one year out; like Sep 2020?  Thanks

19 hours ago, cruisingready said:

My sister and I have been cruising on princess together for 15 years and have never had so much trouble with the app and everything else they have our names and addresses mixed up and our passports mixed up we have called and called to have it all fixed and they say they have but still mixed up we’re doing back to back on crown and at first they had it all ok now they have it all screwed up again nerve racking

If they claim it is fixed on their end try deleting the app and starting over.

• Like 1

I just checked the medallion app on my phone (deleted the old Ocean Ready app a while back ). It shows my upcoming cruise in March as well as me and my wife. The countdown is accurate, circles for my wife and I appear with the cute pet photos we used for avatars on first medallion cruise. It wants us to complete the Cruise Personalizer as well as the Travel document section and the Medallion/Accessory section. So far everything seems shipshape on my IPhone XR. Having many years troubleshooting customer problems with a prominent online service, 99.9% of problems were user error because they did not regularly purge the cache.

Edited by Doug R.

On 9/12/2019 at 6:15 PM, AF-1 said:

My next cruise is on Sky Princess.  I did not add my booking# yet; since the ship is not yet in the Princess system as being ready to go.

Mine is on the Sky in January. I won't do anything until at least final payment date. Possibly around Thanksgiving--which is pretty close to 45 days out. Seems about right.