Odyssey on sale!

Kokomo91165

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

I broke my record of never, ever, booking an inaugural.  

Depending on how you define inaugural, we were on the Symphony's "inaugural" transatlantic, and on Anthem's "inaugural" Canada/New England cruise. (The first time that ship did that itinerary)

This is the first one that is actually labeled as an inaugural though. 

8 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

Depending on how you define inaugural, we were on the Symphony's "inaugural" transatlantic, and on Anthem's "inaugural" Canada/New England cruise. (The first time that ship did that itinerary)

This is the first one that is actually labeled as an inaugural though. 

I was on that Anthem first to Canada cruise. I will never forget all the live lobsters in the windjammer. They were bigger then the plates. Abe had one on his desk on the morning show. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I really don't care if it's the first sail, I just want to do a Quantum out of FL.

I don't even care where it goes

Even driving down to FLL?  Not waiting until she comes up our way?

Edited by molly361

19 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Why?

They booked 2 ports and that matches with the timing and the brochure.....I think that is VERY conclusive!

Let's face it - it is ONLY the BAHAMAS Inaugural....a marketing thing to make people believe they get something special and fall for it - folks are easy to manipulate....🙄🤣

Screenshot_20190903-110144_Facebook.jpg

Do you have a contact for this, I want to book straight away?

4 minutes ago, compman9 said:

I know, but who designed it in that travel brochure?

Not allowed to share travel agents 

It was first posted in the deployment thread, maybe you can find something there.

Thor provided the link yesterday 

Edited by John&LaLa

My take on the proposed TA is that was probably an initial plan from some time ago. 

Now that the first blocks are in the actual hall where she will be built they have a better idea of a forecasted handover date.  That critical step occurred early September just a few weeks ago.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2630374-odyssey-of-the-seas-blocks-are-in-the-house/?do=findComment&comment=58294831

The project probably has some buffers built in to handle the normal stuff that comes up when a ship is built.  In another couple of months they'll have an even better idea when handover will occur.  At that point they might add some pre-inaugural sailings like they did with Symphony.  That could include a TA or they might offer some 2 or 3 nights media or revenue cruises, it all depends how the build process progresses.   Or it might finish just in time for the Nov. 5 sailing.  It's too early to call it.  

Just booked a JS yesterday on the 11/28/2020 Odyssey. Price was relatively comparable for JS on other cruises I've priced other than the fact this cruise is a 6 night cruise & was comparing to 7 night cruisers.

Haven't gone thru & read all the posts so don't know if this was mentioned but the ship layout I was able to find online apparently doesn't have a Coastal Kitchen by the Windjammer on deck 14. Something called Gold Dining & Lounge on deck 16. Wondering if Pinnacles will be allowed in there. Again, apologies if this has already been discussed.

Tim

3 hours ago, twangster said:

My take on the proposed TA is that was probably an initial plan from some time ago. 

Now that the first blocks are in the actual hall where she will be built they have a better idea of a forecasted handover date.  That critical step occurred early September just a few weeks ago.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2630374-odyssey-of-the-seas-blocks-are-in-the-house/?do=findComment&comment=58294831

The project probably has some buffers built in to handle the normal stuff that comes up when a ship is built.  In another couple of months they'll have an even better idea when handover will occur.  At that point they might add some pre-inaugural sailings like they did with Symphony.  That could include a TA or they might offer some 2 or 3 nights media or revenue cruises, it all depends how the build process progresses.   Or it might finish just in time for the Nov. 5 sailing.  It's too early to call it.  

How long did it take to build Spectrum?

26 minutes ago, cruisin4kicks said:

Haven't gone thru & read all the posts so don't know if this was mentioned but the ship layout I was able to find online apparently doesn't have a Coastal Kitchen by the Windjammer on deck 14. Something called Gold Dining & Lounge on deck 16. Wondering if Pinnacles will be allowed in there. Again, apologies if this has already been discussed.

The site probably just copied the Spectrum plans and was passing them off as Odyssey.  The Gold & Silver dining rooms and lounges are special for China.  The real Odyssey deck plans don't have any of the specialty dining venues labeled, but there are two open spaces next to the Windjammer.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

How long did it take to build Spectrum?

In this post Spectrum was in hall 6 at Meyer Werft sort of close to where Odyssey is now

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2368072-spectrum-of-the-seas-blocks-are-in-the-house/?do=findComment&comment=54356680

Completed April 11, 2019 so 385 days.  

It's hard to tell if that Spectrum photo is exactly where Odyssey is today so tack on a 14 day buffer for error.  Odyssey was just floated in but I don't know if first blocks have been applied yet.

September 14, 2019 + 385 + 14 (buffer) = Oct 17, 2020.  

Oct 22, 2020 TA of 13 days = Nov. 4, 2020 arrival.   

So it's conceivable, if Royal is willing to accept mass cancellations of Allure and Anthem TA bookings to sail the Odyssey TA.

On the flip side, Allure and Anthem TAs could become dirt cheap, and Allure is AMPED by that point so that's kind of compelling too.

Edited by twangster
  • Like 2