Cruise Critic Community
kapcruiser

Sun Seven Seas or Four Seasons

We are used to eating dinner in manhattan room on the bigger Norwegian ships, which dining room is comparable?

Also, which room do you prefer?

The aft dining room, Seven Seas, is the equivalent. It is the more “formal” restaurant and bigger.

A broad generality is that since it is more “formal”, there are fewer families with kids running around. Doesn’t always work that way. 

We liked the aft one better due to views.  However, on our 12 days on the ship, the aft restaurant was slow for every meal.  The other has low ceilings but the service was great.  In our case, I have to say it had a lot to do with the guy in charge of the place - he was amazing and I mentioned his name at the time.  He was all over the place.  Pool during the day picking up plates, buffet doing work, then at night the restaurant.  I put in hero card for him at the time but I haven't seen him on another ship since but that could just be due to the number of employees and luck.

Why not give both a try at the beginning of the cruise?  They both serve the same food, the decor is different in each one and its nice to see the difference.  

I loved the Four Seasons... we sat right by a window looking out at the water.... and the place was beautifully decorated... food and service was fabulous... you could dress up or not for it ... we dressed nice but not formal