Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Sorry, for those of you who frequent this board and cruise Crystal a lot I'm sure this is a hackneyed topic, but I couldn't find any references.  Can someone please tell me about the electrical (and/or USB) outlets in the room?  Specifically, in the PH, is there an outlet by BOTH sides of the bed or will we have to bring extension cords to drag across the room to the desk?  In some photos it looks like there might be USB outlets in the lamp stands.  In other photos the narrator says they are only across the room.  Thanks very much!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought so.

 

I can only comment about the desk.


The desk has a couple of outlets and the ship will provide power strips or you could bring your own.

 

On Serenity they have European outlets by each side of the bed in the PH and with adapters we can use them for USA devices but I am not sure about Symphony since when we cruise on Symphony we get the PS or the Seabreeze equivalent.

 

Hopefully someone will know.  If not you can have your TA contact on board guest services to confirm whether or not there are outlets by the end tables and if so what type.

 

Keith

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are only outlets on the desk in the PH on Symphony. However they will run a power strip to either side of the bed and they do it in such a way that it's hidden and never a tripping hazard. You just have to ask your butler. We always bring a power strip and then have them run one to the bed so we have power by the bed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, captjohn said:

Is there a " razor" outlet in the bathroom ? We use them for an LED night light. Thanks.

There is a razor outlet we used to recharge our electric toothbrush. After a few days it died. The electrician told us it only worked when the light was on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, latsyrc said:

There is a razor outlet we used to recharge our electric toothbrush. After a few days it died. The electrician told us it only worked when the light was on. 

 

Well I guess that eliminates the use I had in mind. We have cruised on the Regent Mariner and this ship has the same situation so I have an extension cord that goes around the corner to solve the problem .

Hopping there is a outlet close enough. Saving that I will wake up my wife so she can hold my hand  on the way to the bathroom !!

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a small LED light that takes 3 AAA batteries. It is about 2.5" diameter and <1" tall.  It is marketed to use in closets and other storage areas with no electrical power.  We set it on a shelf inside the bathroom door, and turn it on/off by pushing down on the light.  It works perfectly as a night light.  (The night light in the bedroom makes getting to the bathroom easy.)

 

We use rechargeable batteries so there is no problem keeping it operational regardless of cruise length.

 

Karen

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, captjohn said:

 

Well I guess that eliminates the use I had in mind. We have cruised on the Regent Mariner and this ship has the same situation so I have an extension cord that goes around the corner to solve the problem .

Hopping there is a outlet close enough. Saving that I will wake up my wife so she can hold my hand  on the way to the bathroom !!

There is a great night lite on Crystal ships. In standard cabins it's under the mirror so doesn't shine up, only down. It's very close to the bathroom door and once your eyes are night adjusted provides just enough glow to see your way. Now truth be told, I'm female so I don't have to see what I'm doing. LOL.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, latsyrc said:

There is a great night lite on Crystal ships. In standard cabins it's under the mirror so doesn't shine up, only down. It's very close to the bathroom door and once your eyes are night adjusted provides just enough glow to see your way. Now truth be told, I'm female so I don't have to see what I'm doing. LOL.  

Is it similar to this  ?

image.png.ac1603b099935c21ce7d2f2cc512121d.png

 

I hate having to turn on the lights  in the night  & blind yourself 😲

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

So there is a night light of sorts  IN the bathroom ?

I hate having to turn on the lights  in the night  & blind yourself 😲

 

No - the night light is not in the Bathroom - it’s under the mirror near the foot of the bed if I recall correctly - we turn ours off (and if you believe John Joseph one of the great comedians on Crystal we are part of a minority on Crystal who have succeeded in finding the switch to do so!)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stickman1990 said:

 

No - the night light is not in the Bathroom - it’s under the mirror near the foot of the bed if I recall correctly - we turn ours off (and if you believe John Joseph one of the great comedians on Crystal we are part of a minority on Crystal who have succeeded in finding the switch to do so!)

Darn  I was hoping it was like the photo I found  on another ship

  Ok share the secret 😁

I have to have the room completely dark to sleep 

Link to post
Share on other sites

captjohn....

 

We use something similar to this.  

 

Initially we began using two at once and now just use one as it is sufficient to light up the bathroom.  


We leave them on for several hours each night and the batteries lasted a couple of months.

 

At a hotel we use a night light and on the ship the battery light.

 

We purchased a set at Costco and they are available in many places and Amazon has hundred of products to choose from.

 

Again, thanks to Ilene who had this idea in the first place.

 

Keith

 

1694726353_61tgE8w4wL._AC_UL320_ML1_.jpg.4bd9eb2c1ad3dbab9330ccaac2877ac7.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I must say I am surprised  that  Crystal  does  not provide a night light in the bathroom

Even Oceania  which is not  a Luxury  line does

 

Of course  if the outlet is off when the main switch is  turned off  then it is a moot point

JMO

Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember the age of the Crystal ships is way before everyone carried several devices that had to be charged every night.  Those rooms like SB which have been recently remodeled have many more outlets than the regular rooms that aren't as recent   We brought one of those small "cube" type devices that had both power and USB plugs - worked great.

We thought the "night light" under the mirror worked great - yes a nightlight in bathroom would be great. 

Remember if you forget or need something - ask the staff.  They will do all they can to meet your needs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I must say I am surprised  that  Crystal  does  not provide a night light in the bathroom

Even Oceania  which is not  a Luxury  line does

 

So does Oceania provide one on the main room? - which is after all where you have to navigate from to get to the bathroom - I guess that’s what the premium lines do versus luxury 🙂🙂 🙂 

 

My point being that I think it’s nit picking to raise it as an issue that there’s no light in the bathroom - there’s is a light you can turn on when you reach the door - and there’s an optional night light in the main part of the cabin 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I must say I am surprised  that  Crystal  does  not provide a night light in the bathroom

Even Oceania  which is not  a Luxury  line does

 

Of course  if the outlet is off when the main switch is  turned off  then it is a moot point

JMO

I also think it is just not a big deal.

 

I too would be more concerned getting from the main area to the bathroom and we keep the night lighting on.

 

I rarely hear anyone complaining about this.  We wouldn't even be discussing it if someone didn't asking if an outlet is in the bathroom.

 

I suspect very few people would bring a night light anyway.

 

And for those who need some type of light there is an easy work around as I have mentioned.

 

These ships were designed many years ago.  I am sure there were limitations.  The plugs in the bathroom are not American.  

 

Today I am sure a new ship will have many more outlets in the main area compared to today just as newer hotels have many more outlets than the ones from yesteryear have.

 

We have stayed at several hotels in the USA and around the world that do not accommodate a nightlight either in the bath room. I know because we bring one or more nightlights for our hotel stays.

 

Keith

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

 

So does Oceania provide one on the main room? - which is after all where you have to navigate from to get to the bathroom - I guess that’s what the premium lines do versus luxury 🙂🙂 🙂 

 

My point being that I think it’s nit picking to raise it as an issue that there’s no light in the bathroom - there’s is a light you can turn on when you reach the door - and there’s an optional night light in the main part of the cabin 

Not nit picking  I am sure both lines do some things better than the other

they provide  a night light  most people put them in the bathroom or you can leave it in the main cabin

There is some light comes in under the main door that I can see to make it to the  bathroom  & I appreciate the night light IN the bathroom so I do  not have the blind myself  by switching the main light on

The photo I posted is on the new refurbished  R ships 

just a nice touch for a premium line

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...