7 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

These ships were designed many years ago.  I am sure there were limitations.  The plugs in the bathroom are not American.  

The  Serenity was built after the R ships which Oceania  have

So  are the outlets in the main cabin American or do they have  other types of plugs as well?

5 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

So  are the outlets in the main cabin American or do they have  other types of plugs as well?

One of each at the desk  - US and UK and I believe they’ve recently started to retro fit USB outlets to those outlets as well

I don’t know how many outlets people actually need at once - I have a 4 outlet USB charger that handles all my requirements each night so one socket is fine 

Edited by Stickman1990
7 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

One of each at the desk  - US and UK and I believe they’ve recently started to retro fit USB outlets to those outlets as well

I don’t know how many outlets people actually need at once - I have a 4 outlet USB charger that handles all my requirements each night so one socket is fine 

Thank you

Not sure why  people need so many  things to plug in  either

we use 1 plug   charge  the camera  next day charge  the laptop & before we leave the ship charge the cell phone

recently we have been taking the electric tooth brush  & we plug it in overnight  it lasts for over a week on a charge

I wanted to add that in the new Seabreeze Suites they have more outlets by the desk.  I think they were all or mainly USA ones

although on Symphony they were two versus three prong so they gave me a plug in to convert one that I needed a three prong plug.

Keith

1 minute ago, Keith1010 said:

I could see the cell phone falling in the toilet.  Ugh.

Yes - my first thought too. We have enough challenges with people flushing things down the toilets!

That’s a hypothetical I’ve sometimes grappled with - would I attempt a rescue? 

Clearly best to avoid all possibility of it happening - even I can disconnect from the net for that long 🙂 

1 hour ago, Stickman1990 said:

Yes - my first thought too. We have enough challenges with people flushing things down the toilets!

That’s a hypothetical I’ve sometimes grappled with - would I attempt a rescue? 

Clearly best to avoid all possibility of it happening - even I can disconnect from the net for that long 🙂 

Sorry Terry, but apparently some people can't. I was at our gym yesterday, in the men's room, beside a young fellow deeply engrossed in his phone while standing at a urinal!! Until then, I thought I had seen everything, but apparently not!😣

6 hours ago, Roland4 said:

Sorry Terry, but apparently some people can't. I was at our gym yesterday, in the men's room, beside a young fellow deeply engrossed in his phone while standing at a urinal!! Until then, I thought I had seen everything, but apparently not!😣

I don't want to be touching that phone.  Ugh.  And I mean Ugh.

Keith

On 9/13/2019 at 9:48 AM, Stickman1990 said:

Quick correction here.  The second outlet is European, not UK.

Roy