Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

These ships were designed many years ago.  I am sure there were limitations.  The plugs in the bathroom are not American.  

 

 

 

The  Serenity was built after the R ships which Oceania  have

 So  are the outlets in the main cabin American or do they have  other types of plugs as well?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

So  are the outlets in the main cabin American or do they have  other types of plugs as well?

 

 One of each at the desk  - US and UK and I believe they’ve recently started to retro fit USB outlets to those outlets as well

 

I don’t know how many outlets people actually need at once - I have a 4 outlet USB charger that handles all my requirements each night so one socket is fine 

Edited by Stickman1990
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

 One of each at the desk  - US and UK and I believe they’ve recently started to retro fit USB outlets to those outlets as well

 

I don’t know how many outlets people actually need at once - I have a 4 outlet USB charger that handles all my requirements each night so one socket is fine 

Thank you

 Not sure why  people need so many  things to plug in  either

 we use 1 plug   charge  the camera  next day charge  the laptop & before we leave the ship charge the cell phone

recently we have been taking the electric tooth brush  & we plug it in overnight  it lasts for over a week on a charge

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to add that in the new Seabreeze Suites they have more outlets by the desk.  I think they were all or mainly USA ones

although on Symphony they were two versus three prong so they gave me a plug in to convert one that I needed a three prong plug.

 

Keith

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Keith1010 said:

I could see the cell phone falling in the toilet.  Ugh.

 

Yes - my first thought too. We have enough challenges with people flushing things down the toilets!

 

That’s a hypothetical I’ve sometimes grappled with - would I attempt a rescue? 

 

Clearly best to avoid all possibility of it happening - even I can disconnect from the net for that long 🙂 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stickman1990 said:

 

Yes - my first thought too. We have enough challenges with people flushing things down the toilets!

 

That’s a hypothetical I’ve sometimes grappled with - would I attempt a rescue? 

 

Clearly best to avoid all possibility of it happening - even I can disconnect from the net for that long 🙂 

 

Sorry Terry, but apparently some people can't. I was at our gym yesterday, in the men's room, beside a young fellow deeply engrossed in his phone while standing at a urinal!! Until then, I thought I had seen everything, but apparently not!😣

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Roland4 said:

 

Sorry Terry, but apparently some people can't. I was at our gym yesterday, in the men's room, beside a young fellow deeply engrossed in his phone while standing at a urinal!! Until then, I thought I had seen everything, but apparently not!😣

I don't want to be touching that phone.  Ugh.  And I mean Ugh.

 

Keith

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2019 at 9:48 AM, Stickman1990 said:

 One of each at the desk  - US and UK and I believe they’ve recently started to retro fit USB outlets to those outlets as well

 

I don’t know how many outlets people actually need at once - I have a 4 outlet USB charger that handles all my requirements each night so one socket is fine 

Quick correction here.  The second outlet is European, not UK.

 

Roy

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Crystal Cruises - New! Luxury Bahamas Escapes
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...