Cruise Critic Community
CruisinNana

Zuiderdam Pinnacle Suite question

In the Pinnacle Suite on the Zuiderdam, is there an electrical outlet beside the bed?  I know there are many outlets throughout the suite, but I am mostly interested in one by the bed.  Thanks. 

Thank you. Glad to hear that. From the pictures we were able to find, I could not tell if I was looking at light switches or plugs.  

Don't recall one. But there is lots of stuff in the pantry. So if there isn't anything  the cabin attendants can set up a supply of ice in the pantry for you.

Thanks so much, Bruce.  We are looking forward to enjoying the Pinnacle Suite.  This will be my husband's first time in one.  I was in one with 3 girlfriends about 30 years ago and can't remember the details, but I do remember loving the real estate!

Diane

How do  you  even  book a  Pinnacle Suite?  Whenever  I  look on the HAL  website at future cruises to get an idea of prices, the  P  suite  never comes up? Are they  usually  booked as soon as a cruise becomes available since there are only 1 or 2 per ship?

We have stayed in the port side Pinnacle Suite on the Zuiderdam (as well as on other ships).

You will have a full size refrigerator.  There is just a small ice shelf.  You have to get ice from either your cabin stewards or the concierges.

zudm7046_zps35fqk3a9

Hope the picture took  -- yes it constantly had a build up of ice.  You can see more pictures on HAL facts. 

2 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

We have stayed in the port side Pinnacle Suite on the Zuiderdam (as well as on other ships).

You will have a full size refrigerator.  There is just a small ice shelf.  You have to get ice from either your cabin stewards or the concierges.

zudm7046_zps35fqk3a9

Hope the picture took  -- yes it constantly had a build up of ice.  You can see more pictures on HAL facts. 

Yikes!  Thanks for the picture.  

3 hours ago, cruisetheworld67 said:

How do  you  even  book a  Pinnacle Suite?  Whenever  I  look on the HAL  website at future cruises to get an idea of prices, the  P  suite  never comes up? Are they  usually  booked as soon as a cruise becomes available since there are only 1 or 2 per ship?

Well, we actually booked a Neptune Suite, very close to the Neptune Lounge which is my favorite spot.  I was looking on line to see if the suite directly across from the  Lounge was available when I saw the Pinnacle suite was available.  I had booked this cruise  directly with HAL so I called about 2 weeks ago to say that I was interested in an upsell to the Pinnacle.  Yesterday, I got an email with an upsell offer, $799 per person for 10 night cruise, so I jumped on it.  I actually had to pay $909 per person because I had to pay extra for the insurance we took out, but I still think it was worth it for us celebrating our 55th wedding anniversary.  I do think Pinnacles book up quickly, and I was surprised to see that one of the two was still available with our cruise 38 days away.  Good luck on catching one in the future. 

10 hours ago, CruisinNana said:

Well, we actually booked a Neptune Suite, very close to the Neptune Lounge which is my favorite spot.  I was looking on line to see if the suite directly across from the  Lounge was available when I saw the Pinnacle suite was available.  I had booked this cruise  directly with HAL so I called about 2 weeks ago to say that I was interested in an upsell to the Pinnacle.  Yesterday, I got an email with an upsell offer, $799 per person for 10 night cruise, so I jumped on it.  I actually had to pay $909 per person because I had to pay extra for the insurance we took out, but I still think it was worth it for us celebrating our 55th wedding anniversary.  I do think Pinnacles book up quickly, and I was surprised to see that one of the two was still available with our cruise 38 days away.  Good luck on catching one in the future. 

Congratulations on 55 years! And on snagging the PS. Enjoy!