Cruise Critic Community
csj092809

Boarding passes and new Restaurant reservation process

Good morning! We are getting on the Horizon next Saturday and I have a couple of questions.

First, do I have to have my cruise docs printed out or is printed to a PDF on my phone okay?

Second, Carnival updated their shop and that is where you make restaurant reservations  now and pre-pay for them. I made my reservations months ago. Surely I do not need to go in and do it again now that they are pay in advance..right??

On a side note, FTTF is now located separately in the shop away from the shore excursions making it easier to monitor 🙂

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Edited by csj092809
Add picture

Is that method specific to the newer ships?  In looking at my June cruise, I don't see an option to pre-pay for specialty dining, nor is FTTF located in the Fun Shops area.

As long as your cruise docs show your specialty restaurant was paid for, I doubt you have to do anything else except board.

I'm not sure if a phone "boarding pass" is acceptable, although that is certainly the future.  When I boarded the Conquest last month, it wasn't.  Carnival usually rolls out changes incrementally, starting with one or two ships on a trial basis or beta program, so your sailing may be a test case.

I would print the paper boarding pass JIC.

I wouldn't think that an electronic boarding pass would be acceptable.  There are several check points that you go through and at each one they mark your paperwork.

I am not sure, but some people on my FB group are not seeing the reservation and FTTF like I am and they are on my cruise. So, wonder if it is being rolled out in phases to users. 

Thank you, I will print out my boarding passes!

On another note, I do not have specialty restaurant listed on my cruise docs but  I do have all of my email confirmations. I will print those out, as well.

Edited by csj092809
NA

Thanks for the FTTF tip.  It's not obvious where to find it but a little clicking around and I found it. 

Ours isn't open yet, shows 0 results for FEB 22, 2020 on Sunrise.

image.png

Someone on facebook said this new process is being introduced to 10% of  the passengers across the line as a test run.

Electronic boarding pass is acceptable, I however have found it easier to bring the printed boarding pass.

I used the electronic boarding pass when we sailed on Horizon last year. I brought the print out too, but never took I out of my carry on...until the end of the cruise to throw it away...

3 hours ago, reeinaz said:

Someone on facebook said this new process is being introduced to 10% of  the passengers across the line as a test run.

It must be..my FB group is not having any luck seeing it either.

I guess I was randomly picked, lol.