Newbie -- Cruise payment questions!

frogerina

A friend with many cruises under her belt is putting together a cruise on Panorama (eeee!!) for herself, another friend and me in Feb 2020.  She will finalize the booking this week. We will each be paying our share.  So...she said she's willing to pay the deposit up front, we can pay her back, and says the balance will be due in December.  That's fine...my questions are more logistic, I suppose...

1.  Will each of us have access to the booking to go in and pay, or will she need to pay and have us reimburse her?

2.  If I want to add wifi, will that be something I can add and pay for, or will that have to go through her (not a problem, just don't want to make things harder on anyone...)

3.  Same with pre-booking a spa treatment and/or excursions...I'm assuming we can do these individually...right?

4.  Will we each have our own sign and sail card, attached to our own payment method?  Can that be set up prior to sailing?

Thanks...I couldn't find these answers on Carnival's help site...and I know there is a wealth of knowledge here!  (And of course, she lives in Cali, I'm in the Midwest...so getting funds to her is no big...but not just dropping a check off with a cup of coffee!)  

1.  Yes, just get the booking number from her and you can make payments on your part of the cruise cost after setting it up in Carnival Cruise Manager.

2 and 3.   Yes, you should be able to add any purchase such as WiFi, spa, or excursions on Carnival Cruise Manager.  Generally, it asks which customer is purchasing the item.

4.  When you do your on-line check-in, you can add separate credit cards for each person.

9 minutes ago, frogerina said:

A friend with many cruises under her belt is putting together a cruise on Panorama (eeee!!) for herself, another friend and me in Feb 2020.  She will finalize the booking this week. We will each be paying our share.  So...she said she's willing to pay the deposit up front, we can pay her back, and says the balance will be due in December.  That's fine...my questions are more logistic, I suppose...

1.  Will each of us have access to the booking to go in and pay, or will she need to pay and have us reimburse her?

2.  If I want to add wifi, will that be something I can add and pay for, or will that have to go through her (not a problem, just don't want to make things harder on anyone...)

3.  Same with pre-booking a spa treatment and/or excursions...I'm assuming we can do these individually...right?

4.  Will we each have our own sign and sail card, attached to our own payment method?  Can that be set up prior to sailing?

Thanks...I couldn't find these answers on Carnival's help site...and I know there is a wealth of knowledge here!  (And of course, she lives in Cali, I'm in the Midwest...so getting funds to her is no big...but not just dropping a check off with a cup of coffee!)  

Create an account on Carnival.com.  Once you have your booking number, you can add it to the "Manager your cruise" section.  From there, you should be able to make payments, schedule spa services, purchase Fun Shops items (including wifi), purchase excursions, and anything else necessary pre-cruise. 

You will go to the same place for your on-line check in.  At that time, you can select to have separate sail & sign accounts, and each set up your individual methods of payment.

Have a fun time!

Very helpful, thanks!!  So another question -- I'm going to be listed cruiser #3 in our balcony room, I see the fare is greatly reduced for person #3.  So will the fare be split as it shows on the breakdown (yes, I'm wearing out the website researching as she gets ready to book) or will/can it be broken into thirds?  

34 minutes ago, frogerina said:

Very helpful, thanks!!  So another question -- I'm going to be listed cruiser #3 in our balcony room, I see the fare is greatly reduced for person #3.  So will the fare be split as it shows on the breakdown (yes, I'm wearing out the website researching as she gets ready to book) or will/can it be broken into thirds?  

The fairest way is to look at total cost of cruise fare and divide by number of individuals going.

Each pay equal share.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

The fairest way is to look at total cost of cruise fare and divide by number of individuals going.

Each pay equal share.

Exactly, and that's what I'm planning to do!  I was just wondering if Carnival's site will only accept the cruiser #3 fare payment on the site, or if I can adjust the amount I pay to them.  If not, I'll be reimbursing the other 2 cruisers the difference...no question of sharing the costs equally...just want to know the best logistics of doing it.  

32 minutes ago, frogerina said:

Exactly, and that's what I'm planning to do!  I was just wondering if Carnival's site will only accept the cruiser #3 fare payment on the site, or if I can adjust the amount I pay to them.  If not, I'll be reimbursing the other 2 cruisers the difference...no question of sharing the costs equally...just want to know the best logistics of doing it.  

Once you set up your Carnival account and booking, go to the Booking & Order Details tab at the top. You can click on View Balance Details to see a breakdown of the fare and fees between each person, add Carnival's trip insurance if you want to, or choose to pre-pay your gratuities. When you're ready to make a payment, click Pay Now. The option on the left will be to pay the entire balance. The option on the right will say Other Amount. You can choose Other Amount and enter your share of the fare (using a credit card, PayPal, or gift card). You can even break it down into your own individual payments, as long as the cruise is paid off by final payment date.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Once you set up your Carnival account and booking, go to the Booking & Order Details tab at the top. You can click on View Balance Details to see a breakdown of the fare and fees between each person, add Carnival's trip insurance if you want to, or choose to pre-pay your gratuities. When you're ready to make a payment, click Pay Now. The option on the left will be to pay the entire balance. The option on the right will say Other Amount. You can choose Other Amount and enter your share of the fare (using a credit card, PayPal, or gift card). You can even break it down into your own individual payments, as long as the cruise is paid off by final payment date.

This is correct.  Carnival doesn't split it up for you.  

I meant to add...the three of you will be able to complete your online check-in once you reach 90 days from your cruise date. That's when you'll be able to set up your S&S account and add your payment methods. You'll also do things like pick your arrival appointment time. That's the half-hour window you'll choose as to when you plan to arrive at the terminal on embarkation day. Unless you're a priority passenger of some kind, you won't be allowed inside the terminal until your arrival appointment window. You'll also enter whether you're using a driver's license and birth certificate or passport, emergency contact info., plus several other things. At the 90 day mark, the option to complete your online check-in will open in your Cruise Manager.

1 hour ago, frogerina said:

No, you can pay any amount you choose.  You can log on and pay $25 a month until you reach your fair share...or you can pay for the entire cruise for all three of you.  The site doesn't limit anyone how much they pay with regards to cruise fares and what person # they are in the room.    

• Thanks 1

Keep in mind, the invoice is not broken down by individuals in the stateroom.  It is charged at the stateroom level.  You can pay login and pay your portion on the website at any time as mentioned.  If one of the people you are traveling with don't pay their share, the entire room could be cancelled for non-payment.  Prepaid tips are also done at the cabin level so if 1 person prepays the tips, everyone in the room has to also.

The rest of the items can be pre-purchased separately on your own sign and sail account such as wifi, shore excursions, etc.

FYI, Whatever you do, don't book a spa reservation before you do your check in.  There is another post on here where someone booked a spa reservation for 12:00.  Then at ninety days out when she did her check in, the earliest time slot was 12:30-1:00.  

2 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

FYI, Whatever you do, don't book a spa reservation before you do your check in.  There is another post on here where someone booked a spa reservation for 12:00.  Then at ninety days out when she did her check in, the earliest time slot was 12:30-1:00.  

Also, they usually have specials running for discounts off the spa treatments. When you first board there are usually a couple of tables set up with discounts only available that first day (or so they say)