Jump to content

Insignia remodeled bathroom- veranda cabin


martini cruiser
 Share

Recommended Posts

Yes they have. I was on board a few weeks ago and the curtain is gone. It has been replaced by a set of doors that open in and out. So you can open them in when you are not in the shower to allow more room in the bathroom and they open out to allow easier entrance. Sorry no pics but the whole bathroom has been wonderfully redesigned .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ChappChapp said:

Sorry no pics but the whole bathroom has been wonderfully redesigned .

Wonderfully redesigned would have added an extra foot of room to them, especially in the shower-- I'll give them cleverly redesigned with the doors that go each way. We were on Insignia a couple weeks ago-- it was manageable but not our favorite shipboard bathroom. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

Wonderfully redesigned would have added an extra foot of room to them, especially in the shower-- I'll give them cleverly redesigned with the doors that go each way. We were on Insignia a couple weeks ago-- it was manageable but not our favorite shipboard bathroom. 

Yes another foot would have been great and certainly not our favorite either but since the reno a tremendous improvement.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ChappChapp said:

Yes another foot would have been great and certainly not our favorite either but since the reno a tremendous improvement.

I honestly don't know why they don't just get rid of the shower doors completely and create a wet room shower like you see on private boats/yachts. There are 50' pleasure craft out there with significantly more spacious and better thought out bathrooms. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, princeton123211 said:

I honestly don't know why they don't just get rid of the shower doors completely and create a wet room shower like you see on private boats/yachts. There are 50' pleasure craft out there with significantly more spacious and better thought out bathrooms. 

Don't like it when the entire space becomes the shower. JMO

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just got off the Insignia and we were very impressed with new interior decor. Shower door is a big improvement over the shower curtains. Yes, shower is small but not as big an issue than some make it out to be. I’m tall(6’5”) and it was no problem taking a shower. Plenty of hot water and good pressure. We were in a veranda cabin and thought it was very comfortable. Bed, linens and towels are excellent. Bravo Oceania on the updated Insignia!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My husband and I were on the Insignia in August.  We were in a regular veranda cabin.  Taking a shower was no problem for my husband, but he thought it was a little tight to dry off.   He just opened both shower doors (they can move in or out) which gave him the extra room he needed.  Loved the Insignia...this was our first cruise on one of Oceania’s smaller ships.  I was a little concerned about the smaller size (have only sailed on the Riviera/Marina), but it never felt like a small ship.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...