Barcelona Luggage questions, please help

mjcatlvr

Flying in a day early and staying in the Eixample area of Barcelona. Going to take a taxi from BCN to our hotel, then the next day, Taxi from our hotel to Port. Our questions are: Are the Taxi cabs regular size or super small like we have seen in some European cities (can they handle several luggage pieces)? Can we get picked up right in front of the airport then dropped off in front of our hotel (Alexandra Curio Hilton)? Then at the port is the drop off close? Husband wants to take a large case each as well as a Rollaboard carry on each, wondering if we can manage all of this? We have had to drag our luggage several blocks over cobble stones during past trips and wonder if this will be the same deal? Over the years we have seen many couples lose or have delays with all or part of their luggage and this sure puts a damper on a cruise, we want no part of that. What do you think?

1 hour ago, mjcatlvr said:

Flying in a day early and staying in the Eixample area of Barcelona. Going to take a taxi from BCN to our hotel, then the next day, Taxi from our hotel to Port. Our questions are: Are the Taxi cabs regular size or super small like we have seen in some European cities (can they handle several luggage pieces)? Can we get picked up right in front of the airport then dropped off in front of our hotel (Alexandra Curio Hilton)? Then at the port is the drop off close? Husband wants to take a large case each as well as a Rollaboard carry on each, wondering if we can manage all of this? We have had to drag our luggage several blocks over cobble stones during past trips and wonder if this will be the same deal? Over the years we have seen many couples lose or have delays with all or part of their luggage and this sure puts a damper on a cruise, we want no part of that. What do you think?

We usually have 3 suitcases and they fit easily into a Barcelona taxi. I’m not sure about more than that.

The pickup is very close to the arrivals point in the terminal we arrive in, but it may be different in other terminals. I can’t remember at the moment which terminal we use.

We stay at the Alexandra (great hotel, one of my favourites) and the taxis drop off right outside the door. There is someone there who will help with luggage.

When you get to the port, porters will take the bags directly from where the taxis drop off.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

We usually have 3 suitcases and they fit easily into a Barcelona taxi. I’m not sure about more than that.

The pickup is very close to the arrivals point in the terminal we arrive in, but it may be different in other terminals. I can’t remember at the moment which terminal we use.

We stay at the Alexandra (great hotel, one of my favourites) and the taxis drop off right outside the door. There is someone there who will help with luggage.

When you get to the port, porters will take the bags directly from where the taxis drop off.

Thank you for your reply, very helpful.

One thing I found in Barcelona was that the cab drivers we used did not have a lot of English, even though so many other people we met did. I had the address of where we were going on a note that I was able to hand to the driver. It was very helpful.

• Like 1

We are in Barcelona now, boarding tomorrow.   I am using the Free Now app to order a taxi.  You type in your destination and it gives you the option of a larger vehicle if needed.  Works great.  Similar to uber or lynx

12 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

This was our experience as well.   We stayed  for five days at the Hotel Indigo in Barcelona. The taxis from the hotel to the port were also very easy, and they bring you right to the terminal where the porters will take your bag. I also agree with the above post that taxi drivers did not speak much English - We simply had a screenshot on our phone to show them where we wanted to go.

I'd also agree with the experiences of lack of English spoken amongst Barcelona taxi drivers. We have sailed from Barcelona 7 times now, each time using multiple taxis, and have not yet had one who could speak more than a few words of English.

I always have the address I need written down to show them.

We did a excursion the day of our cruise with Barcelona Day Tours 

It’s only $59 Euro pp and they’ll pick you up at your hotel w all your luggage and you do a Amazing tour of Barcelona seeing all the main sights and then they drop you off right at the ship at 1pm 

Weve used them twice and highly recommend them.  And you only have to put down a small deposit and pay the rest the day of 

https://barcelonadaytours.com/barcelona-shore-excursion/