Cruise Critic Community
Heckah

Shore Excursion Discount Question

Hey all,

So I have the shore excursion discount as one of my perks.  When I go to book online it doesn't give me the discount.  I understand I can call and get the shore excursion discount, but if I pay in full will they just give me the $50 in OBC when I get onboard automatically?

Thanks

46 minutes ago, Heckah said:

Hey all,

So I have the shore excursion discount as one of my perks.  When I go to book online it doesn't give me the discount.  I understand I can call and get the shore excursion discount, but if I pay in full will they just give me the $50 in OBC when I get onboard automatically?

Thanks

The credit is applied to your onboard account the day after your shore excursion. call in and that way you aren't charged until you are on the ship.

1 hour ago, Heckah said:

Hey all, So I have the shore excursion discount as one of my perks.  When I go to book online it doesn't give me the discount.  I understand I can call and get the shore excursion discount, but if I pay in full will they just give me the $50 in OBC when I get onboard automatically? Thanks

So, the instructions for the use of the ShoreEx credit state "Shore excursion credit can be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.". That way, the $50 credit goes to reducing the cost of the shore excursion.

If  you choose to book online and pay full price, you will pay full price for the shore excursion, and get a credit onboard once you complete the shore excursion. 

Most people follow the instructions and call to reserve a shore excursion without paying for them. All shore excursions are posted to your onboard account on embarkation day. Credits arrive once you complete the excursions. 

Phone, when you give them your booking number they can tell you have the credit.  Then RESERVE the shorex you want, do NOT BOOK them.

As @BirdTravels says they will appear on your folio almost certainly at full price overnight on embarkation day.  

If you have a discount for Latitudes check that it has been allowed, if not go to Shorex and ask for it.

Check your folio frequently to see that you are being charged the correct amount!!

Each day check your folio to ensure the credit for the previous day's shorex has been entered.

6 hours ago, casofilia said:

Phone, when you give them your booking number they can tell you have the credit.  Then RESERVE the shorex you want, do NOT BOOK them.

As @BirdTravels says they will appear on your folio almost certainly at full price overnight on embarkation day.  

If you have a discount for Latitudes check that it has been allowed, if not go to Shorex and ask for it.

Check your folio frequently to see that you are being charged the correct amount!!

Each day check your folio to ensure the credit for the previous day's shorex has been entered.

Good ideas. We always watch our account, usually everyday we review it. If there is a problem we can get it cleared up quickly. 

Check out your cruise.  They just added another perk of a additional $50 per port excursion credit for Oceanviews and above on most cruises 

i called and now have $100 per port excursion credit for both of my cruises in 2020 😜💰