Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ellusionz

Minibus start time?

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, Ellusionz said:

Anyone know what time they start to run the minibus's from the dockyard?

 

I have used them between 8:30 and 9:00. I don’t know when they start. Since the beach concession does not open until 9:00 they probably don’t start before 8:30. But that is just a guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

 

I have used them between 8:30 and 9:00. I don’t know when they start. Since the beach concession does not open until 9:00 they probably don’t start before 8:30. But that is just a guess. 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This past friday we were the first mini bus to the beach and it left at 9:00 am once full.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are minibuses available early, we were ready to go but just after 8am but the only problem is that they will not leave until full. : (

 

we ended up taking a taxi.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Burrata said:

There are minibuses available early, we were ready to go but just after 8am but the only problem is that they will not leave until full. : (

 

we ended up taking a taxi.

 

 

 

I hate to say this about anyone but the minibus drivers have become  greedy. When they first started they were taking about 12 to 15. They did not have seating for more. And they would leave when they got at least 8 if it was slow filling up. As a result they filled up in about 5 minutes. Now that they have added seats to the minibuses, even using those fold down seats in the aisles and they can cram in 30 passengers in the minibuses.  Most of them won't leave until they fill every one of the 30  seats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22 September 2019 at 6:17 PM, Burrata said:

There are minibuses available early, we were ready to go but just after 8am but the only problem is that they will not leave until full. : (

 

we ended up taking a taxi.

 

 

 

On 22 September 2019 at 6:17 PM, Burrata said:

There are minibuses available early, we were ready to go but just after 8am but the only problem is that they will not leave until full. : (

 

we ended up taking a taxi.

 

 

How much is a taxi from the dockyard to horseshoe bay beach ?

We have 9 people to transport.

Are the taxis plentiful or can we prebook to have one or more waiting for us - we only have one day in Bermuda and don't want to waste any time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Trixie21 said:

 

How much is a taxi from the dockyard to horseshoe bay beach ?

We have 9 people to transport.

Are the taxis plentiful or can we prebook to have one or more waiting for us - we only have one day in Bermuda and don't want to waste any time.

 

For 1-4 passengers the taxi would be about $32.50 plus tip, 5-7 passengers would be $42.50 plus tip. If it is a Sunday there is an additional surcharge. You would need two taxis for 9 as the maximum is 7. Taxis are plentiful at normal times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...