E Visa required for Turkey cruise stop?

Tom47

Hi

I am hoping someone working for Azamara can clear this up.  DW and I are on 2 B2B cruises, Azamara Journey, Oct 10 and 19, 2019.   A member of our roll call posted that her boarding document states that E visa is now required for the 1 Turkey cruise stop, contrary to previous rules for US citizens.  This was not shown on my boarding pass.  I went to the Turkish embassy website and found this statement:

- For foreigners wishing to enter Turkey via naval ports with touristic purposes, visa-free entry permits may be issued by the local governorates. These permits shall have a maximum 72 hours duration of stay and will be only valid for sightseeing purposes in the vicinity of naval ports where they entered the country. This practice, as it intends to facilitate entry for those visitors subject to visa, does not entitle visitors to visa. Passports of these visitors are not retained by the border authorities; however, visitors are given "Harbor City Entry Permit" which is required to be returned to the authorities upon their exits.

Bonnie. can you answer this?

Thanks

7 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

The Azamara document is wrong. The only time you need an evisa for Turkey is if you are flying to a Turkish city or if visiting on a cruise, stay longer than 72 hours. 

Phil 

Thanks Phil