World Series

lenquixote66

Just now, leaveitallbehind said:

Probably.  BTW our friends from up your way - who are avid Jets fans - visited us last weekend and we took them to the Eagles / Jets game. It was a good time but pretty rough on them.  Hard to be a Jets fan these days I guess!

As I previously mentioned I do not follow football.The only time I watch a game is if I am in my son-in-laws house who is a Jets fan.I am a METS and NETS fan.I rooted for Villanova when Ed Pinckney played there .

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

As I previously mentioned I do not follow football.The only time I watch a game is if I am in my son-in-laws house who is a Jets fan.I am a METS and NETS fan.I rooted for Villanova when Ed Pinckney played there .

I recall that. They are also huge Mets (and Islanders) fans.  We live near Villanova - great basketball program!

10 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Hard to be a Jets fan these days I guess!

It's been hard for years.  My husband is a life-long Jets fan.

I tell him the Jets performance is actually freeing.  They're normally well outside any chance of the playoffs long before the holidays, so we can easily enjoy them without the stress of a 'big game'.  🙂

17 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I assume that would be similar to Jets and or Giants fans having a spouse from Buffalo and rooting for the Bills.

My wife is from Buffalo and is a huge Bills fan. I like Bills aa long as they are not playing Giants , about 8 years ago we did a princess cruise from Brooklyn. We were in mdr first night with wife and her Mom, I kid my wife so she doesn’t always believe what I say, I told my wife that Doug Flutie one of our favorite Bill football players of all time was sitting at table behind them, I was called a liar😁😁, but he was there and was at same table for the day days. On last day he walked around and was able to talk to him and wife got a picture with him. I have ran into some famous hall of fame hockey players on cruises also.

I have a question for you sports fans from the us.

What happens when the team you have loved and followed for years just suddenly ends up in another city or state?

I have no idea how common this is but I know it's happened to some NFL teams.

This sort of thing has only happened once in english football and it was low down the ranks but everyone still hates them for being a franchise all these years later.

2 hours ago, George C said:

My wife is from Buffalo and is a huge Bills fan. I like Bills aa long as they are not playing Giants , about 8 years ago we did a princess cruise from Brooklyn. We were in mdr first night with wife and her Mom, I kid my wife so she doesn’t always believe what I say, I told my wife that Doug Flutie one of our favorite Bill football players of all time was sitting at table behind them, I was called a liar😁😁, but he was there and was at same table for the day days. On last day he walked around and was able to talk to him and wife got a picture with him. I have ran into some famous hall of fame hockey players on cruises also.

I do not know if I would ever recognize a pro athlete on a ship,possibly an NBA or MLB ,I follow those sports closely .