Cruise Critic Community
kapcruiser

Drop Off Luggage on Sun

I thought I read that you can drop off luggage somewhere on ship.  Where is it and what kind of bags can you drop off?

We might only travel with small luggage this cruise.

Not sure if this is what you're asking, but we were on the Sky out of Miami last month. On embarkation day, we ubered to the port around 9:30am, dropped off our luggage with a porter, then grabbed another uber & headed to Little Havana for a few hours before boarding around 2:30-3:00 with no issues. We just left our checked bags; we kept our carry-ons.

I was wondering if we could walk on the ship with our small luggage and leave it somewhere on the ship and then pick it up when our room is ready at 1:30pm.

5 hours ago, kapcruiser said:

I was wondering if we could walk on the ship with our small luggage and leave it somewhere on the ship and then pick it up when our room is ready at 1:30pm.

I do think they will have a drop off spot but we have never used it, so don't take my word for it. We are doing the same thing on our upcoming cruise. We are traveling with only roller boards as we have plat plus laundry and it is only a 7 day cruise. We are still going to check our bags with the porter upon arrival and just carry our valuables onto the ship in smaller carry ons like my over sized purse and hubby's shaving kit. Between the two we will have everything we need for the few hours til the bags arrive. .