Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
cjc729

Refreshment Package pricing?

Recommended Posts

So much discussion about sale prices of the Deluxe Drink Package, but are there sale prices offered for the Refreshment Packages also?  Sailing on Symphony in May 2020.  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Royal recently had a Labor Day sale on the refreshment package which reduced the price by 30%.  I would suspect similar holiday sales might reduce the price of the package in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, flamingos said:

We bought the refreshment package (soda, coffee) at $20, today it is $26.   

That's a good price. I purchased it last year Black Friday for $18. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cjc729 said:

So much discussion about sale prices of the Deluxe Drink Package, but are there sale prices offered for the Refreshment Packages also?  Sailing on Symphony in May 2020.  Thanks!

I bought it last year on black Friday for my May 2019 sailing, it was $20+/- with the gratuities

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20, 22, 26 at various times for Allure in late Oct.  Also varies in the combo with Voom, as does the soda/voom combo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, flamingos said:

We bought the refreshment package (soda, coffee) at $20, today it is $26.   

Ditto, it's back at $26/$28 in our cruise planner... depending on the sailing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone for the replies!  Appreciate it!

 

Looks like it's the same guessing/waiting game as the Deluxe Drink Package.  Maybe the Black Friday sale will be the one to watch for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cjc729 said:

Thanks everyone for the replies!  Appreciate it!

 

Looks like it's the same guessing/waiting game as the Deluxe Drink Package.  Maybe the Black Friday sale will be the one to watch for.

I would suggest that you just buy it when the price looks reasonable and if the price drops lower (Black Friday or not), just cancel it and repurchase.  no penalties, can be done until about 48 hours prior to sailing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, cjc729 said:

Thanks everyone for the replies!  Appreciate it!

 

Looks like it's the same guessing/waiting game as the Deluxe Drink Package.  Maybe the Black Friday sale will be the one to watch for.

The price doesn't seem to fluctuate near as much as the DBP does.

Edited by Tree_skier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just bought my refreshment package for 34.99 CDN at 15% discount. Sailing on Symphony April 2020. Reading this  post looks like I did not get a discount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jesseslola said:

Just bought my refreshment package for 34.99 CDN at 15% discount. Sailing on Symphony April 2020. Reading this  post looks like I did not get a discount.

Sorry to tell you but $34.99 is really the regular price.  Ignore the % off that they tell you as they use fake numbers.  You should be able to find it for about $25 or $26 CDN on sale. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jesseslola said:

Darn, I will check the Black Friday sale.. thanks!

They do go on sale fairly regularly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2019 at 7:29 PM, Jesseslola said:

Darn, I will check the Black Friday sale.. thanks!

 

 

They are currently on sale for at least one of the cruises that I have booked.  Keep checking you never know when they will go on sale for you specific cruise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grabbed my Refreshment Pkg last Nov around Thanksgiving for my Dec cruise on the Adventure.  Only paid $17 for it.  Have never seen it that low before or since.  Maybe Thanksgiving is the secret.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have had 2 emails one 30 percent off went to look same price few weeks later 10 percent off same price both are more than when i bought them in the first place

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 9/15/2019 at 4:36 PM, Jesseslola said:

Just bought my refreshment package for 34.99 CDN at 15% discount. Sailing on Symphony April 2020. Reading this  post looks like I did not get a discount.

Hi @Jesseslola - just wondering if you purchased it directly from the RCI website?  When I log in, everything is quoted in USD.  Did you just do the conversion for posting here?  I'm in Canada too, but I have a USD credit card.

 

On 9/15/2019 at 10:58 AM, Iamcruzin said:

That's a good price. I purchased it last year Black Friday for $18. 

 

@Iamcruzin - that's a great price.  Just confirming, the calculation is $18 x 8 days ($144.00)?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, red-dragon said:

 

Hi @Jesseslola - just wondering if you purchased it directly from the RCI website?  When I log in, everything is quoted in USD.  Did you just do the conversion for posting here?  I'm in Canada too, but I have a USD credit card.

 

 

 

Did you book your cruise in $US?

I suspect you did as you mentioned having  a USD credit card.

Typically your pre-cruise purchases are in the currency one has booked their cruise in.

Edited by robtulipe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, robtulipe said:

Did you book your cruise in $US?

I suspect you did as you mentioned having  a USD credit card.

Typically your pre-cruise purchases are in the currency one has booked their cruise in.

Yes, but I booked through a US travel agent, not RCI.  Thanks for the info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, red-dragon said:

 

Hi @Jesseslola - just wondering if you purchased it directly from the RCI website?  When I log in, everything is quoted in USD.  Did you just do the conversion for posting here?  I'm in Canada too, but I have a USD credit card.

 

 

@Iamcruzin - that's a great price.  Just confirming, the calculation is $18 x 8 days ($144.00)?  

Plus the gratuity 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...