Cruise Critic Community
lulutoo

Private pick up st Miami

A neighbor  has offered to  come fetch us when we arrive back at Miami Port ( he'll also bring us down.)   We plan to wait to be among the last off ship around 9 am as we don't have to make  an airline connection or the like, but we wonder how well the plan would work- he will be  in Fort Lauderdale  about 40 min north.   Is there  a designated spot at the  Celebrity terminal for non commercial cars to stop that may have a bench we could sit on?? If we  had him  come there  at 9:30 would  we be likely to be out of customs by then?  We would rather not call him  and have to wait  a long time for him to make the trip. down... can this work?.  I have  a slight medical condition and  have probelms standing on hard surfaces for extended periods....

Have your neighbor park at Bayside Marketplace which is five minutes west of the Port Of Miami at 9:00AM. When you exit Customs and are outside of the terminal call him and he should be ready to pick you up in less than ten minutes. I’m pretty sure that if you attempt to park anywhere directly in front of the terminal Miami-Dade officers will chase you away. It should only cost your neighbor a few dollars to park at Bayside Marketplace.

Or better yet have him park at the Intercontinental Hotel.  He can sit in the lobby.

Very easy and just call him and he'll be there in five minutes.

Keith

The Bayside Marketplace is closer and he can have coffee while waiting for you.😃

There are signs to a cell phone (waiting) lot next to the Seaman Center (across from terminal E).

Also, short term parking is only $8 in the open lots or garages 

You've got some really nice friends to do this for you.

I wouldn't drop off and pick up for anyone I know.