HALLOWEEN

shakeNbake

Is Halloween night celebrated on board? Do cruisers dress up?  Will be aboard the Joy.   Last year on the Allure there was a parade on the promenade deck with about 1000 cruisers in costumes even in the DR. Ship was well  decorated and a venue was turned into a scary fun house. 

I was on the Dawn for Halloween in 2016. Now this was a 2-week cruise out of Boston and a slightly older demographic. The ship did have some decorations up, and many people dressed up, but it was fine to not dress up too. I definitely saw a mix of both. If I remember correctly, I think my roll call had a Halloween costumed bar crawl, but the husband and I did not participate. So you could definitely plan something if you want. I remember they also had a haunted thing, but it was just for the teens in Entourage. I was bummed and would have loved to have gone to that. There were maybe 50 kids under the age of 18 anyway. On bigger ships, and perhaps with a younger crowd, I would guess that Halloween is a much bigger deal.

1 hour ago, AKR2011 said:

I was on the Dawn for Halloween in 2016. Now this was a 2-week cruise out of Boston and a slightly older demographic. The ship did have some decorations up, and many people dressed up, but it was fine to not dress up too. I definitely saw a mix of both. If I remember correctly, I think my roll call had a Halloween costumed bar crawl, but the husband and I did not participate. So you could definitely plan something if you want. I remember they also had a haunted thing, but it was just for the teens in Entourage. I was bummed and would have loved to have gone to that. There were maybe 50 kids under the age of 18 anyway. On bigger ships, and perhaps with a younger crowd, I would guess that Halloween is a much bigger deal.

I’m on the Dawn this year for Halloween!!!! Can’t wait😊 hubby and I got our costumes several weeks ago. 

Many hints/must dos on the Dawn?  It’s a 14 day Southern Caribbean 

We  were  on the Bliss Halloween  cruise  last year. It was very fun. Yes  many dressed  up  for  Halloween . They had a deck party that  night  that many in costume  went. The  craziest  thing was getting  on the elevators  with  most in costumes. There is a thread on here from last  year , and  I  think  maybe a couple   youtube videos   . 

50 minutes ago, 2+2 said:

We  were  on the Bliss Halloween  cruise  last year. It was very fun. Yes  many dressed  up  for  Halloween . They had a deck party that  night  that many in costume  went. The  craziest  thing was getting  on the elevators  with  most in costumes. There is a thread on here from last  year , and  I  think  maybe a couple   youtube videos   . 

I was pretty drunk that day so maybe I am misremembering but wasn't there also a haunted house type thing in one of the lower decks? I remember it was actually pretty decent. 

Yes, you are correct. I do believe they had something for the kids. And yes ,you sound like one of the many spirted passengers that had a great time on that cruise. I  was worried because it was the first cruise we were ever on that had unlimited drink package that most passengers took advantage of. On top of that there was around 800 singles on board. But everyone was well behaved and we never encountered any idiots . It turned out great. I would go again.  

15 hours ago, Victorious8 said:

I was pretty drunk that day so maybe I am misremembering but wasn't there also a haunted house type thing in one of the lower decks? I remember it was actually pretty decent. 

We were on the Jade 2 years ago and they set up a haunted house in the conference room areas alongside the theater entrance.  They used a lot of dividers about the height of office cubicle walls (5.5 feet or so).  I could see over them and knew what was coming but my wife...  well, she needed a few more drinks after that.  It was a fun setup, at least a 15 minute wait in line to go in, lots of families.

11 hours ago, 2+2 said:

Yes, you are correct. I do believe they had something for the kids. And yes ,you sound like one of the many spirted passengers that had a great time on that cruise. I  was worried because it was the first cruise we were ever on that had unlimited drink package that most passengers took advantage of. On top of that there was around 800 singles on board. But everyone was well behaved and we never encountered any idiots . It turned out great. I would go again.  

I was one of the 800 singles, one of the few though that was under 40! I definitely got WAY too rowdy and times so glad I didn't bother you. Not sure how I would have felt if I had children on the cruise with me. So many hilarious memories. I am excited thought that my next cruise being an Inaugural Encore TA will be a lot more subdued. 

23 hours ago, Victorious8 said:

I was one of the 800 singles, one of the few though that was under 40! I definitely got WAY too rowdy and times so glad I didn't bother you. Not sure how I would have felt if I had children on the cruise with me. So many hilarious memories. I am excited thought that my next cruise being an Inaugural Encore TA will be a lot more subdued. 

Hilarious memories describes Halloween night well.

I am envious of your Encore cruise. I hope to hear all about it.

On 9/15/2019 at 7:20 PM, Iworktocruiseandtravel said:

I’m on the Dawn this year for Halloween!!!! Can’t wait😊 hubby and I got our costumes several weeks ago. 

Many hints/must dos on the Dawn?  It’s a 14 day Southern Caribbean 

Eat at Los Lobos! It was amazing. And the Sing Along With the Crew and Crew Talent Show were also great.

• Like 1