Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
eastender

Maybe not so Deluxe.

Recommended Posts

On Allure this last week and had the Deluxe drinks package, something we would not usually buy. My failing for not reading the small print, but at around $75 pppd, was quite surprised when not able to have quite ordinary wines in the $14 - $18 bracket. Also on Labadee they were pushing the Cocktail in a pineapple which cost $12 for anyone. If you have deluxe drinks package it'll cost you $9. Couldn't get my head around that logic, it's not like you can eat the pineapple! Not a big deal and had a great cruise, just saying, because the guys selling in the promenade ain't gonna point that stuff out! Caveat emptor, as they say. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For wines over the package limit, you should have only paid the difference plus 18%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never had an issue with the package.

 

Ask which wines are covered by the package before ordering, and if something is over ask how much the difference is first.

 

Don't fall for the touristy upsells with the stupid pineapple or coconut....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you get a Labadoozie in a souvenir cup you also pay extra. I just ask for a regular cup and don't get the upcharge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Appears this may have been your first cruise with Royal buying the Deluxe package.  In the future buy the Deluxe package before sailing for around 20-30% less than on board.  I always feel sorry for folks who buy it on board at full price.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry Eastender but you paid way too much for the Delux package. We are on Allure in 5 weeks time and we bought ours for £41.02 pppd (including the 18% gratuity).

Thanks for the heads up about the fancy cocktails.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Caravan 37 said:

Hi - don't spose you have a current wine/drinks list?

 

There's no single fleetwide list.  Each venue within each ship can have a different list.

 

This thread has a wine list from Majesty: 

 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2682743-wine-list-for-majesty-of-the-seas/?tab=comments#comment-57996086

 

This thread has several menus from Indy:

 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2663512-live-1852019-indys-back-in-europe/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

 

There's no single fleetwide list.  Each venue within each ship can have a different list.

 

This thread has a wine list from Majesty: 

 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2682743-wine-list-for-majesty-of-the-seas/?tab=comments#comment-57996086

 

This thread has several menus from Indy:

 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2663512-live-1852019-indys-back-in-europe/

 

Thanks - sailing on Voyager in a year so expect prices to change a bit but just wondered about the wines that I would drink and whether they're covered by the drinks package.  Last sailed on Ovation a few years back and even then lots of wines fell over the package limit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Caravan 37 said:

Thanks - sailing on Voyager in a year so expect prices to change a bit but just wondered about the wines that I would drink and whether they're covered by the drinks package.  Last sailed on Ovation a few years back and even then lots of wines fell over the package limit. 

 

All wines available on the ship, up to $12/glass, are covered with the package.  If the cost is over $12, you'll have to pay the difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

 

All wines available on the ship, up to $12/glass, are covered with the package.  If the cost is over $12, you'll have to pay the difference.

Deleted

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...