Cruise Critic Community
Boozebabe

Can they board with us.

We are Platinum and our friends traveling with us are first timers. Their reservation is linked to ours. My question is can they board with us? We are in separate cabins.

Edited by Boozebabe

Yes absolutely!

As long as you board at whatever time they are allowed to board after their assigned check in time.

See Roscoe's post. 🙂 This comes up on occasion and the answer is the non-Platinum guest can only board with the Platinum guest if they are in the same cabin. Otherwise, no.

No they can't, but I've been in that situation before and just set up a place to meet that's pretty easy and obvious, not a problem.

The obvious answer is boozebabe, is yes you all can board with your friends at their designated check in times....not yours.

1 minute ago, regoodwinjr said:

If you all want to board early then they should buy FTTF.

Yes! Great solution! Thanks.

we are platinum and usually cruise with another couple who are not. We usually do as mentioned above.

We just wait with them until they can board.

I figure there will still be a little food left by the time we get on. 😋

7 hours ago, regoodwinjr said:

If you all want to board early then they should buy FTTF.

Even if they have FTTF, you would still have to wait and board with them.  FTTF boards after Platinum.  If the ship has already started boarding when you arrive, then you all can walk right on the ship.

For our last cruise, we are Platinum.  Brother and Sister in law had FTTF.  We got to the port after they had started boarding.  The four of us checked in at the terminal and walked right on the ship together.

16 hours ago, Boozebabe said:

We are Platinum and our friends traveling with us are first timers. Their reservation is linked to ours. My question is can they board with us? We are in separate cabins.

We are diamond and took our son and grand son for the cruise. We asked where you start to get in line for check in.They were NOT allowed to check in with us. Reason being, there room keys were in a different location. Ours were where Diamond checks in. Although. The person telling them where to go sent them in a very short line. We actually finished at the same time and boarded together.

If they do their online check-in right after midnight as soon as they are able to do it (the actual date will be listed on their Carnival account), they should be able to get the earliest appointment time.  If boarding zones are assigned at check-in, then they should be able to get zone A1, which boards right after Faster to the Fun.

3 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

If they do their online check-in right after midnight as soon as they are able to do it (the actual date will be listed on their Carnival account), they should be able to get the earliest appointment time.  If boarding zones are assigned at check-in, then they should be able to get zone A1, which boards right after Faster to the Fun.

When can you do online check in? Is it 60 days prior, 90?

tia

1 minute ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

When can you do online check in? Is it 60 days prior, 90?

tia

It's 90 days, the exact date shows on your cruise manager on Carnival.com.

2 minutes ago, cathyz said:

Tyvm for the very quick reply.👍

For us west coasters you can check in at 9:01 pm pacific time the night before. Don't forget or you will be 3 hours of lost time for earlier check in!

7 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

We are diamond and took our son and grand son for the cruise. We asked where you start to get in line for check in.They were NOT allowed to check in with us. Reason being, there room keys were in a different location. Ours were where Diamond checks in. Although. The person telling them where to go sent them in a very short line. We actually finished at the same time and boarded together.

For the last few Carnival cruises we've done the room keys were at our door (1:30 for all but Diamond, Platinum and FTTF), we did not get them during checkin. 

It certainly wouldn't be fair to other platinum cruisers, those who purchased FTTF, or any other cruisers if they were allowed to board early with you.

5 hours ago, cathyz said:

Thank you, I found the date which is September of 2020 so I've got some waiting to do. lol

4 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

For us west coasters you can check in at 9:01 pm pacific time the night before. Don't forget or you will be 3 hours of lost time for earlier check in!

I get home from work at a little after midnight so I can check in our friends as soon as I walk in the door. 🙂