Live From The Zuiderdam

mamaofami

3 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Today Mark's the first day of our 60th anniversary. We were married on the 19th and again on the 20th of September, 1959.

Pinnacle celebration tomorrow night. 

Happy anniversary-such a lovely milestone!  Enjoy your cruise & Pinnacle dinner.  

Happy anniversary MAMAOFAMI, and thank you for your "live" reporting.  I am very interested in your posts because we, too, are boarding in New York on September 27! ( SJSULIBRARIAN - I haven't seen your name on the Roll Call.  You should join us.  We have a Meet and Mingle set for Sunday, Sept. 29 at 11 in the Billboard Onboard area.)

9 minutes ago, cartervan said:

Happy anniversary MAMAOFAMI, and thank you for your "live" reporting.  I am very interested in your posts because we, too, are boarding in New York on September 27! ( SJSULIBRARIAN - I haven't seen your name on the Roll Call.  You should join us.  We have a Meet and Mingle set for Sunday, Sept. 29 at 11 in the Billboard Onboard area.)

you are boarding as we leave. Hope you have a great cruise. Thank you for the Anniversary wishes.

8 hours ago, mamaofami said:

PEI today and my favourite restaurant. Gala night saw most men in jackets. I guess word hasn't gotten out they are no longer required but it looked nice. Even saw a few gowns. Mariner reception was in Lido Pool area. No leaves have turned ,not even in Quebec.  

We’ve seen a number of jackets on our cruises, too.

We’ve just had a few frosts so all the Burning Bushes have turned and are bright red.  It will take time for the leaves on the trees here, though.

5 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Today Mark's the first day of our 60th anniversary. We were married on the 19th and again on the 20th of September, 1959.

Pinnacle celebration tomorrow night. 

A very Happy Anniversary to you both 😄  That certainly deserves a cruise and a lovely Pinnacle dinner!  Hope it is the best one ever 😄 

2 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

While the yum yum man is gone, his goodies are available outside the dinning room to help yourself. 

The ship is freezing. 

I was on the sailing right before yours, and yes the ship was FREEZING, wish I had brought along some winter sweaters,     Maybe they are trying to sell more thermal suite passes by keeping the ship temps like a meat locker. 😧

Happy 60th Anniversary!

We had our 51st in August.

Our first time on Holland America. We board the ship in Quebec on October 8, so I will be checking your posts for information. Good to know about the “freezing” temps on board. Will pack a sweater for dinner. 

Hope you get to see some leaf 🍁 color soon. 

On 9/20/2019 at 3:05 PM, CJcruzer said:

I was on the sailing right before yours, and yes the ship was FREEZING, wish I had brought along some winter sweaters,     Maybe they are trying to sell more thermal suite passes by keeping the ship temps like a meat locker. 😧

Back in the states today. Portland where temps are 82 degrees. The commedy shows onboard have been very good, but the piano music from billboard can be heard inside the theater distracting from the show. 

Several of us reported that deck 2 was the coldest on the ship and I think they adjusted the temps.

Do bring a sweater for dinner as dinning room is cold.

Early fixed dinning is 5;30 but I see people coming in at 6 so it's not enforced. Later seating is at 8pm.

Thankfully the art auctions are gone. 

Service has been great all over the ship.

Off to find a lobster now in Portland. 

Today is a sea day going from Boston to Newport. Enough people have come down with the flu for the captain to announce it the other night. Seems early in the season but it is what it is. We are washing our hands constantly and taking airborne. 

The best entertainment on board continues to be Lincoln Center. 

I suggest checking your account on the tv regularly. We were charged for an excursion I never took and had to get it straighted out. 

The weather today is beautiful and I'm happy to have our large balcony. 

Packing up is looming ahead. Seems like we just boarded.Tonight is the 2nd gala night. 

Edited by mamaofami