Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
midwestchick

Hotels close to Barcelona Cathedral

Recommended Posts

I’m looking for a hotel close to Barcelona Cathedral and Las Ramblas.  We won’t have a lot of time in Barcelona pre cruise so I prefer to be as close to those areas as possible.  Recommendations?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've stayed at the Hotel Regencia Colon twice and found it affordable, clean and safe and offered everything I wanted in my short stays.   It is a lower cost option to its sister, Hotel Colon.  Hotel Colon is directly on the Cathedral square and Regencia Colon is the building behind it (so also very close to the square).  I have not stayed at the Hotel Colon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We loved our stay at Hotel 1898 right on Las Ramblas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

I've stayed at the Hotel Regencia Colon twice and found it affordable, clean and safe and offered everything I wanted in my short stays.   It is a lower cost option to its sister, Hotel Colon.  Hotel Colon is directly on the Cathedral square and Regencia Colon is the building behind it (so also very close to the square).  I have not stayed at the Hotel Colon.

 

Hotel Colon is blacked out for my date.  I’ll check the other one.

Thank you.

Edited by midwestchick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pno4te said:

We loved our stay at Hotel 1898 right on Las Ramblas.

 

I looked at that.  From what I can see the rate was over $400 per night.  We had friends stay there a few years ago and did not pay anywhere near that price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We signed up on their website and got a discount code.  I believe it was 30-35% off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pno4te said:

We signed up on their website and got a discount code.  I believe it was 30-35% off.

 

Do you possibly remember your rate?  I don’t know why but many of the hotels seem to have much higher rates than a few years ago.  I didn’t think November would be that popular of a time to visit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, helpthejuggler said:

We were happy with Hotel Barcelona Catedral, which suits your location.

 

Is it also near the large market?  We wanted to do that on our last visit but didn’t get it accomplished.  Thanks for the recommendation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, midwestchick said:

 

Is it also near the large market?  We wanted to do that on our last visit but didn’t get it accomplished.  Thanks for the recommendation.

 

It is close enough to Mercat de Santa Caterina which is a real market.

 

Maybe you are referring to La Boqueria which is more well known to tourists. That is ok too, less than 10 mins walk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, helpthejuggler said:

 

It is close enough to Mercat de Santa Caterina which is a real market.

 

Maybe you are referring to La Boqueria which is more well known to tourists. That is ok too, less than 10 mins walk

 

Yes, definitely LaBoqueria Market.  I want to buy some fresh flowers for our stateroom.  

I’m not familiar with Mercat de Santa Catarina.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, helpthejuggler said:

It is close enough to Mercat de Santa Caterina which is a real market.

 

17 minutes ago, midwestchick said:

I’m not familiar with Mercat de Santa Catarina.

 

You should go check it out!  I agree with the "real" market comment, similar ones are found throughout Barcelona.  Think of it as kind of like a mall in that it's a collection of stores but it's filled with small vendors selling seafood, ham, fruits, vegetables, etc.  This link should load several pictures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, midwestchick said:

 

Do you possibly remember your rate?  I don’t know why but many of the hotels seem to have much higher rates than a few years ago.  I didn’t think November would be that popular of a time to visit.

We booked our room 9 months in advance of our trip and (with the discounted rate) paid less than 400 Euros per night.  However, that was an upgraded corner room with breakfast included. The property is right down the "street" from La Boqueria and a short walk to the Barcelona Cathedral in Barri Gotic.  We only needed transportation to the port and to La Sagrada Familia; everything else was within walking distance.  We feel that we got more than our money's worth and plan to return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, pno4te said:

We booked our room 9 months in advance of our trip and (with the discounted rate) paid less than 400 Euros per night.  However, that was an upgraded corner room with breakfast included. The property is right down the "street" from La Boqueria and a short walk to the Barcelona Cathedral in Barri Gotic.  We only needed transportation to the port and to La Sagrada Familia; everything else was within walking distance.  We feel that we got more than our money's worth and plan to return.

 

I know very well where it is.  Cruise critic people stayed there from our roll call and hosted a party for all of us that flew in early for the cruise, so I have been there.  I showed her the hotel rates for this year and they are way beyond what they paid a couple years ago. I can actually stay right at the Eurostar Grand Marina for less money.  It seems Hotel 1898 is price gouging this fall.  

Thank you for your information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...