Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
wesport

OB on previous Cuba cruises reduced significantly

Recommended Posts

The 12 day previous Cuba cruises out of Miami have been reduced to around $250 a day pp.  Great deal if you can get to Miami easily.  Makes me wish I would have cancelled my 11/28 before final and watched the prices.  Oh well, live and learn. Still looking forward to taking Uber from Fort Lauderdale to MIA for 12 days on Seabourn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, wesport said:

The 12 day previous Cuba cruises out of Miami have been reduced to around $250 a day pp.  Great deal if you can get to Miami easily.  Makes me wish I would have cancelled my 11/28 before final and watched the prices.  Oh well, live and learn. Still looking forward to taking Uber from Fort Lauderdale to MIA for 12 days on Seabourn. 

 

While you're enjoying your Uber back home after disembarkation, we'll embark that day. After a 13 hour flight to Miami (including connections) from our home base in the UK a couple of days before! At times I'm very envious of Floridians.

Edited by Isklaar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Isklaar said:

I sometimes forget how lucky we are to be in South Florida.

 

 

 

3 hours ago, Isklaar said:

While you're enjoying your Uber back home after disembarkation, we'll embark that day. After a 13 hour flight to Miami (including connections) from our home base in the UK a couple of days before! At times I'm very envious of Floridians.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting off the Quest on Nov. 4th and could easily jump on the Sojourn for 12 more days.  How cool would that be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, we're on the former-Cuba holiday cruise in December on Sojourn, and coming up on final payment at the end of this week, so @wesport's post gave me a jump to think maybe prices had dropped and I needed to act before payment. I just checked. The least expensive veranda cabin on our cruise is now $12,913 per person or about $925 pp/day -- a far cry from $250! (And a lot more than we're paying, having stuck with our original booking.) I think the cruise over Christmas and New Years stayed heavily booked, while a few of the other former-Cuba trips in November and early December still have much more availability. That one trip that's going for $250pp/day may not have the most scintillating itinerary, but it's truly a bargain (if you don't mind traveling to start a trip on Thanksgiving Day if you're from the US) among Seabourn cruises.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

Well, we're on the former-Cuba holiday cruise in December on Sojourn, and coming up on final payment at the end of this week, so @wesport's post gave me a jump to think maybe prices had dropped and I needed to act before payment. I just checked. The least expensive veranda cabin on our cruise is now $12,913 per person or about $925 pp/day -- a far cry from $250! (And a lot more than we're paying, having stuck with our original booking.) I think the cruise over Christmas and New Years stayed heavily booked, while a few of the other former-Cuba trips in November and early December still have much more availability. That one trip that's going for $250pp/day may not have the most scintillating itinerary, but it's truly a bargain (if you don't mind traveling to start a trip on Thanksgiving Day if you're from the US) among Seabourn cruises.

 

We're on the holiday cruise too, but we're boarding on 10 December. The first segment of our cruise is still a bargain price but I too checked the price for the holiday cruise, on Sunday, and noticed it had increased considerably since I last looked. This is what usually happens with the holiday cruise but I seem to recall it's usually around a month or so later than now, so usually mid October time.

When do those of you in the USA make payment for it? It will be interesting to see if the prices alter after that date. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the US, final payment is 90 days from departure -- so it's this Friday for the December 21 cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

In the US, final payment is 90 days from departure -- so it's this Friday for the December 21 cruise.

 

Thank you for this information, in that case I'll take a look at prices over the weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 12 night 11/4 and 11/16 sailings were just reduced again to $2699 for an ob.  The 12/10 11 night that ends in San juan is now $2399.  Most Carnival lines are slashing the previous Cuba itineraries to fill cabins. Cuba change is definitely not good for the bottom line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It clearly depends on when as much as where. I just checked our former-Cuba 12/20 14 night sailing on Sojourn, and a V5 is going for $14,999 per person (OB is $,8999) -- not exactly fire sale pricing!

 

But if you want a bargain, the 7-day sailing the week before (12/14 on Odyssey) has a veranda OB for just $1,999. And that cruise itinerary hasn't changed -- it was never going to Cuba -- but clearly they've got rooms they need to fill that have nothing to do with the ban on Cuba travel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for this information. We just booked the 12/10 11 night cruise for $2399 plus taxes etc. pp. We weren't planning to take another cruise this year, but couldn't resist at that price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, cruiseej said:

It clearly depends on when as much as where. I just checked our former-Cuba 12/20 14 night sailing on Sojourn, and a V5 is going for $14,999 per person (OB is $,8999) -- not exactly fire sale pricing!

 

But if you want a bargain, the 7-day sailing the week before (12/14 on Odyssey) has a veranda OB for just $1,999. And that cruise itinerary hasn't changed -- it was never going to Cuba -- but clearly they've got rooms they need to fill that have nothing to do with the ban on Cuba travel.

We are booked on the Odyssey leaving 12/14 but are doing the 21 day holiday cruise.  Having done a holiday SB cruise 2 years ago I can't wait.  A SB cruise is a fabulous way to spend the holidays for a couple with no wee ones at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...