Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
B40 Tha Cruisa

Carnival Victory Help

Any recent Carnival Victory experiences here on the boards?  It's been almost 5 years since we've been on a cruise (twin boys will do that to ya) & we just want to grab a balcony on a quick cruise.  I've seen a mixed bag on reviews.  Thanks in advance!

*BTW, I did try to search the forums for Victory topics, buts it's been a while & I couldn't dig anything up.

53 minutes ago, B40 Tha Cruisa said:

Any recent Carnival Victory experiences here on the boards?  It's been almost 5 years since we've been on a cruise (twin boys will do that to ya) & we just want to grab a balcony on a quick cruise.  I've seen a mixed bag on reviews.  Thanks in advance!

*BTW, I did try to search the forums for Victory topics, buts it's been a while & I couldn't dig anything up.

I didn't see the Victory mentioned in Carnival's current Ship Class Guide. Maybe she has a new name. 

https://help.carnival.com/ci/fattach/get/4358798/1551907450/redirect/1/filename/Ship Class Guide 030619.pdf

We were on the Victory last October and had a wonderful time. We have her booked for this October as well. Great crew and stayff. You won't be disappointed!

Pat

1 minute ago, quickrate said:

We were on the Victory last October and had a wonderful time. We have her booked for this October as well. Great crew and stayff. You won't be disappointed!

Pat

Awesome - thanks for the feedback!

2 minutes ago, B40 Tha Cruisa said:

Ahhhh, I see. Thank you! 

3 hours ago, quickrate said:

Pat

We were on the Victory last October as well.  Great ship, great crew.  I would sail on her again.

We cruised on her when she was new, then again fourteen years later in 2015.  She looked just as good in 2015 as she did when she was new.

Edited by RWolver672

We had a great time on the Victory in February of 2018.  I don't think much has changed as that sailing was just a couple weeks after her last major Dry Dock.  We really liked the ship and crew and had a great cruise.

We did have an issue while docked at Amber Cove a main water pipe in the ship failed.  They had 2 tractor-trailers and about 2 dozen workers at the pier to complete repairs.  We ended up leaving that port an hour late and did not have water in the cabins for an additional hour as they brought the plumbing system back up.  I was impressed by how much effort they put into getting things fixed so quickly!