Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
sallybrown2012

Coco Cay winter weather

What has your experience been with Coco Cay in the winter?  We'll be there at the end of December.  Has anyone had the ship have to skip Coco Cay because of winter weather?  Or is it just cool there?  Do people still swim?  Many thanks for your thoughts.

Just now, sallybrown2012 said:

What has your experience been with Coco Cay in the winter?  We'll be there at the end of December.  Has anyone had the ship have to skip Coco Cay because of winter weather?  Or is it just cool there?  Do people still swim?  Many thanks for your thoughts.

Coco Cay has a docking area now, so you should not miss the stop. We have been in January and although the water is cooler, it is not cold. We have only swam in the ocean there. The pool was not there the times we stopped.

Last time I was at Coco Cay and actually able to get onto the Island (Pre-pier,) was in February. The water was cool Maybe in the high 70's, low 80's with the air temp being in the low-to-mid 80's.

We got in the water and swam around. I believe I was wearing a swim shirt (but then again, I always wear a swim shirt!)

I was in nassau one time in jan (very near by)  one day was cloudy, and in the 70's. 

If your from a cold weather climate it will feel warm to you. 

The inlaws joke about how you can who all the northerners are in fla in say november. They are in the pool.