Uggg...lovebugs

RoperDK

This is a great way of making sure I dont go back to the usa.🤣

I hate bugs of any sort. The worst we get is the odd wasp.

And if one gets in the house I am gone until the wife gets rid of it.

And dont get me started on spiders. And I dont think we have any dangerous ones either. 

It's the legs. Those legs "shudders"

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, kidless said:

Crazy! My husband works at NASA right by Cape his car is clean as whistle. Said he didn’t see any today! Dreading the invasion!!! 

Very few over by Port Canaveral but go to the central part of the State, watch out.  Yesterday we loaded up on them around Eustis, Altoona, Paisley, and Deland. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Mike981 said:

No love bugs here in Minnesota, but I think these buggers are right up there. There has been years when the snowplows are called out to clear up the roads because they become slick as ice and some years they are so thick that they can be picked up on the weather radar.

We have mayflies here on our lake in central Alabama. Not swarms, but they are out and about all the time except for the dead of winter.  We refer to them as "flying shrimp" and my cats are very entertained when one gets in the condo.     

1 hour ago, RoperDK said:

We have mayflies here on our lake in central Alabama. Not swarms, but they are out and about all the time except for the dead of winter.  We refer to them as "flying shrimp" and my cats are very entertained when one gets in the condo.     

I have been in my boat fishing and a hatch starts, what fricking mess.

• Thanks 1

Aside from the bugs, I would suggest that anyone parking a car at a cruise port during hurricane season gas up their tank on their way to the parking spot.  You never know if a storm will pop up while you are at sea.

We were on an Aug 24 - 31 cruise and Dorian was off shore of Florida in the Bahamas as we disembarked. Due to the publicity, 75% of MIA and FLL gas stations were out of gas.  I had about 1/4 tank and might have made it home on fumes, but luckily I found an open station just before getting on the Interstate..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/16/2019 at 7:44 PM, RoperDK said:

We are in central Alabama and the lovebugs are out in force.  In a couple of days we head to Port Canaveral.  What can anyone tell me about what I might find on the road this week?  Hoping that the invasion is localized to this area.  Also, google wasn't much help about finding a drive through car wash in the Cocoa Beach area.  Any ideas?  Can't leave those bugs baking on your car. Thanks!    

I'm in the Orlando area and they are still around, but randomly as opposed to full force.  I drove to City Hall and back yesterday (about 10 miles r/t) and only had one splatted on the car when I got back home.

• Thanks 1