Cruise Critic Community
Cruise-y

Fridge Stock?

What can I request to have stocked in my fridge in a PH?  I looked at the website and it says beer, soft drinks and water.  Can I not stock wine there?  I thought I could get anything.  Thanks!

Yes you can have up to two bottle of wine  provided to your room from the All Inclusive menu - those 2 bottles come from the entitlement of 2 bottles of wine and/or spirits

Once you've consumed them they can be replenished by your room attendant

On the wine remember like any room just want to note if its red it will go in the room on the shelf and not in the fridge.

This menu shows some of the wine and champagne that you can request for the suites.  Just ask the butler when on board about any other options.

Keith

Canaptes.thumb.jpg.58b3c3eee61c7f14b4c815b63290470e.jpg

For those of us not in a suite, are we only entitled to the water, soft drinks and beer, or can we request a bottle of wine as well?

Just now, dbird said:

For those of us not in a suite, are we only entitled to the water, soft drinks and beer, or can we request a bottle of wine as well?

No you are entitled to the same two bottles of alcohol (wine or spirits or a combination from the All Inclusive menu) allocation that will be replenished on consumption 

Note the list Keith posted is illustrative only - the All Inclusive selection is much wider - basically just ask based on your preferences and it’s likely to be available (except from the additional charge menu)

1 hour ago, jollyjones said:

What about a carton of milk?

If you wanted a small carton of milk you could get it. If not available they could get you a small glass of milk with saran wrap to cover it with and replenish it for you.

Keith

When I sail Silversea, which is my usual line, I have no problem getting a litre carton of milk in my fridge all the while -  I like to drink several large glasses of milk in the morning (and no, I do not want room service breakfast). I hope Crystal will be as accommodating. A 'small glass' won't suffice.

5 minutes ago, jollyjones said:

A 'small glass' won't suffice.

I really can’t see it being a problem

ive never known them to run out of milk onboard and a one litre carton is not an unusual size - it’s the standard size used in the Bistro 

If you want to be really certain have your TA register your special request in advance with Crystal - there’s a form they can complete and send to their contacts there 

Something to be aware is that the mini fridges in the cabins aren't as cold as your home fridge. Milk will be fine for a day, but not for several days. Crystal has the shelf stable milk that I imagine they would give you and you can put it in the fridge as you want to chill it.

As an fyi, my diet coke caffeine free was in my fridge when I boarded yesterday.

Patty

2 hours ago, jollyjones said:

When I sail Silversea, which is my usual line, I have no problem getting a litre carton of milk in my fridge all the while -  I like to drink several large glasses of milk in the morning (and no, I do not want room service breakfast). I hope Crystal will be as accommodating. A 'small glass' won't suffice.

I don't think Crystal usually uses "little cartons" of milk.  It's mostly liter/quart containers of long shelf milk, but I think "long shelf life" only applies while a carton is sealed.  How much do you drink?  I think if you would use a carton every couple of days it would last that long in the fridge even once opened but I wouldn't plan on it lasting longer than that.  I usually have a glass at breakfast and another at lunch and the waiters even say "would you like your skim milk now?"  without me even prompting.  I think if you can drink a quart every day or 2 it can be almost seamless; if you need smaller cartons you should probably ask in advance (and specify what type of milk you want).

Roy

This answers a long running debate I have with my husband as to the milk used on board and I was going to ask about it on our next cruise. So the milk used on board isn't the normal fresh pasteurised milk one buys in the fridge section of the supermarket? The term shelf stable milk to me means the milk that doesn't need refrigerating until it's opened. Is that correct? If so I think I've solved the problem as to why many find the coffee on board unpalatable. Sorry to go off topic. 

On September 16, 2019 at 9:22 PM, Cruise-y said:

What can I request to have stocked in my fridge in a PH?  I looked at the website and it says beer, soft drinks and water.  Can I not stock wine there?  I thought I could get anything.  Thanks!

Here is the current list from the Symphony:

image.thumb.jpeg.b9a8d370885e52148b2909628a627e94.jpegx

Edited by nancygp

18 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

Something to be aware is that the mini fridges in the cabins aren't as cold as your home fridge. Milk will be fine for a day, but not for several days. Crystal has the shelf stable milk that I imagine they would give you and you can put it in the fridge as you want to chill it.

As an fyi, my diet coke caffeine free was in my fridge when I boarded yesterday.

Patty

You read my mind Patty, as usual...  I was going to mention that the cabin fridges aren’t designed to store perishable items.  Mine is cranked all the way down so it’s semi-suitable to chill perishable things for hours, but not days.  An open container of UHT milk will work a lot better than regular pasteurized, which I wouldn’t trust overnight.

Vince

At least in the non-PH they also aren't the biggest fridges so there is limit to what they can hold and putting a bunch of non-cold stuff causes whole fridge to warm up somewhat for a while.

16 minutes ago, Nachosdelux said:

can you get a refill on the bottle of champagne in the PH?

Yes!!!!!

Nancy

On 9/18/2019 at 9:43 AM, jollyjones said:

I am sure Crystal will be able to accommodate you.

If your sailing is not in the next 90 days have your TA send a request to On Board Guest Services indicating your preference for mile and what type in terms of fat.  Also note about how many liters you might consume on the voyage and that you want them in your refrigerator.

If you are inside the window you can still try to request it and when you are on board speak with your stewardess or if in a suite your butler.

Keith

My first Crystal in many years...need to ask because I use soy milk daily in my coffee. Is this readily available or do I need to request prior to my voyages? Thank you! 

PS Try it, you’ll like it! 

1 minute ago, KarefreeKaren said:

My first Crystal in many years...need to ask because I use soy milk daily in my coffee. Is this readily available or do I need to request prior to my voyages? Thank you! 

PS Try it, you’ll like it! 

Yes there is soy milk on the cruise which would be available in the various dining venues.

I actually used to use it at home for cereal but switched away from it.  I am sure it would go well with Coffee.

Keith

Thank you, Keith! Can’t believe the ship knowledge that you have! Is this just from your numerous cruises or do you have a background in the cruise industry? Know this is off topic... but curious. Love reading your answers to the many CC questions. 

12 minutes ago, KarefreeKaren said:

Thank you, Keith! Can’t believe the ship knowledge that you have! Is this just from your numerous cruises or do you have a background in the cruise industry? Know this is off topic... but curious. Love reading your answers to the many CC questions. 

Karen...You are very welcome.  Those about Crystal are from the many cruises we have sailed with Crystal Cruises.  

My background was not in cruising but I've had an affinity for it ever since I took my first cruise when only 12.  

Keith

3 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

I am sure Crystal will be able to accommodate you.

If your sailing is not in the next 90 days have your TA send a request to On Board Guest Services indicating your preference for mile and what type in terms of fat.  Also note about how many liters you might consume on the voyage and that you want them in your refrigerator.

If you are inside the window you can still try to request it and when you are on board speak with your stewardess or if in a suite your butler.

Keith

Good grief, I can't be bothered with that fuss, on a luxury line I expect to be able to board the ship, mention to my butler or attendant that I want milk and assume it will happen. A liter of any old milk (yes, it's always long life) every three or four days shouldn't make any impact on a cruise ship's stock. 

But thanks for the information.

10 minutes ago, jollyjones said:

Good grief, I can't be bothered with that fuss, on a luxury line I expect to be able to board the ship, mention to my butler or attendant that I want milk and assume it will happen. A liter of any old milk (yes, it's always long life) every three or four days shouldn't make any impact on a cruise ship's stock. 

But thanks for the information.

If you don’t care what type of milk it is then no worries. One way or the other they will have it. If you care what kind is is this is why I mentioned having your TA follow up.