Cruise Critic Community
Cruise-y

Fridge Stock?

Hello fellow cruisers,

Are afternoon hors d'oeuvres still available for PH cabins on the Serenity? I didn't see it on the crystal website (only PS and above)

We have just sailed once on the Symphony four years ago and really enjoyed our lovely Sebastian coming around just in time for our happy hour time 🙂

2 hours ago, Mustlovecruises said:

Hello fellow cruisers,

Are afternoon hors d'oeuvres still available for PH cabins on the Serenity? I didn't see it on the crystal website (only PS and above)

We have just sailed once on the Symphony four years ago and really enjoyed our lovely Sebastian coming around just in time for our happy hour time 🙂

Yes each afternoon they bring around a different platter of hors d'oeuvres.

This is an example and it changes each day.

DSC00887.thumb.jpg.bb6a532fc8d5929294fd9a184da85994.jpg

They also continue to have a menu of other items to choose from as well.

This applies to all of the suites; PH, PS, CP.

Keith

Very nice - thank you so much! I have been reading and reading, this site (and you Keith) are such a wealth of info!

I appreciate the pictures too! 🙂

Have a lovely day!

On 9/17/2019 at 12:26 AM, Keith1010 said:

On the wine remember like any room just want to note if its red it will go in the room on the shelf and not in the fridge.

This menu shows some of the wine and champagne that you can request for the suites.  Just ask the butler when on board about any other options.

Keith

Canaptes.thumb.jpg.58b3c3eee61c7f14b4c815b63290470e.jpg

None too impressed with the whiskey selection. Literally the lowest quality available on the ship. Jim Beam? Seriously? What does it take to upgrade to Makers Mark?

10 minutes ago, Denverbri69 said:

None too impressed with the whiskey selection. Literally the lowest quality available on the ship. Jim Beam? Seriously? What does it take to upgrade to Makers Mark?

Can't speak for the cabins, but when we were onboard Symphony last year Makers Mark and Knob Creek were both readily available.  I can't imagine they'd deny you that in cabin, but must defer to those in the know.

Anyway, IMO, Jim Beam is pretty good hooch.     

12 minutes ago, Denverbri69 said:

Nothing actually

That list is something that shows only a subset of the liquor available - I don’t know why they chose to put it there - check out one of the threads will the full liquor list and you can request two bottles of any of that in your room 

1 hour ago, Denverbri69 said:

As mentioned by Stickman (along with examples provided by KenzSailing) the listing is just a sampler of what is available and that applies to not only spirits but wine. 

It also applies to the Canapés.  While several are listed others are not such as those special "pigs in a blanket".

Unknown.jpeg.cad6353d1a09abb1e8d8fe8041987d2c.jpeg

Keith

1 minute ago, Keith1010 said:

It also applies to the Canapés.  While several are listed others are not such as those special "pigs in a blanket".

Unknown.jpeg.cad6353d1a09abb1e8d8fe8041987d2c.jpeg

Oh no - now you’ve done it - I’m craving a Pig in a Blanket and it’s around canapé time here in Sydney! 

Now where did I see that waiter... - off to the “virtual” Palm Court for me!

10 hours ago, Denverbri69 said:

Anything that is available in the bars can be delivered by the bottle to the room. We ordered a bottle of Ketel One, a bottle of St. Germaine Elderflower, a martini shaker and martini glasses. The butler also delivered a bottle of Belvedere, "for comparison". The listed snacks are just a suggestion. Every day there was a different and varied assortment of savories & sweets, and one could ask for virtually anything else imaginable.

Rob

1 hour ago, ryndam said:

Anything that is available in the bars can be delivered by the bottle to the room. We ordered a bottle of Ketel One, a bottle of St. Germaine Elderflower, a martini shaker and martini glasses. The butler also delivered a bottle of Belvedere, "for comparison". The listed snacks are just a suggestion. Every day there was a different and varied assortment of savories & sweets, and one could ask for virtually anything else imaginable.

Rob

Thanks Rob

10 hours ago, ryndam said:

The listed snacks are just a suggestion. Every day there was a different and varied assortment of savories & sweets, and one could ask for virtually anything else imaginable.

Rob

Had a craving for potato chips on our last cruise and our butler brought us these amazing, crunchy chips. Found out later they are Kirkland Himalayan Sea Salt (who knew there were seas in the Himalayas???) available at our local Costco! 

I sometimes see people with nut allergies in the Cove being served potato chips with their drinks rather than the (sometimes stale and unappealing) nuts. I"m always envious!!

1 hour ago, ClefsDor said:

I"m always envious!!

I guess you could think of it as enforced dieting (there’s really not a lot of that occurring on Crystal!)

1 hour ago, ClefsDor said:

I sometimes see people with nut allergies in the Cove being served potato chips with their drinks rather than the (sometimes stale and unappealing) nuts. I"m always envious!!

Just ask for them as they are always available in the various bars...I don’t eat nuts and if I feel like a snack with my drink then I request them and without any fuss they appear....

Anne...

2 hours ago, ClefsDor said:

Can you not ask for chips instead of nuts or whatever they offer?

2 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Can you not ask for chips instead of nuts or whatever they offer?

See Anne's post above.  

I'm sure I could ask and they would provide them but I take Stickman's approach and think of it as one less thing to eat 🙂 

If it's shelf stable, a container will sit outside the fridge so a liter a day should not be a problem. Even in the fridge if it's closed not an issue.