Request

scorpio123456

Yes it is. Contact special services before you go. You then meet with the chef first night then preorder each night for the next. It’s not really possible lunchtime however careful buffet salad selection works 

It would be nice if soups and even most foods be made with lower sodium, you can add with the shaker at the table. I know "real" chefs like to season in the kitchen, but it is helpful to us who don't like to eat grams and grams of salt!

John R.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PSULion said:

It would be nice if soups and even most foods be made with lower sodium, you can add with the shaker at the table. I know "real" chefs like to season in the kitchen, but it is helpful to us who don't like to eat grams and grams of salt!

John R.

I'm totally with you!  They have a lovely fennel and pea soup in Aqualina which is always sweet and delicious, but one time I had it and it was loaded with salt. I'm not one to complain, but I mentioned it and the next time later in the cruise  it was back to usual.

When they are cooking in the MDR it is more difficult, but figure if I say something it will get back to the chef or F&B Manager.  So now I will mention it. It ruins the dish if it's over salted. 

Phil 

• Like 1

I work with a local food critic, and I think these chef/foodie types burn out their palate and need more and more salt in their food. If you don't eat a lot of salt on a regular basis, when you do eat food that is heavily salted, it really can be overwhelming. I always cringe when chefs on TV programs say a "pinch" of salt and it looks like they are adding an entire tablespoon.

John R.

• Like 2

There are numerous threads on CC about swollen feet whilst on a cruise.

On the evidence I have read there is no proof or medical evidence as to what causes it. 

I don't subscribe to the salt theory. I add salt to virtually everything I cook (at the pre cooking stage), I would then add a limited amount of salt to taste. In my opinion Azamara's seasoning is well balanced, bordering on under seasoned.

I have never suffered swollen feet in the Baltic, Norway or Iceland, yet anywhere in the heat I have balloons for feet, which makes me rationalise heat is the cause.

I have tried the hydration theory and drunk bottles of water every day with no success.

Last year whilst cruising from Sydney to Singapore in considerable heat, I drank 5ml for Organic Cider Vinegar every day and had the most comfortable feet in years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, norn iron said:

I don't subscribe to the salt theory. I add salt to virtually everything I cook (at the pre cooking stage), I would then add a limited amount of salt to taste. In my opinion Azamara's seasoning is well balanced, bordering on under seasoned.

You probably think this because you add salt to your food before you cook it and then perhaps more afterwards.  Like sugar, you can ween yourself off salt and after a while cook with very little.  For example I don't add salt to any vegetables when I boil them and don't miss it at all.

Phil 

• Like 2