Newbie Q - $50 Soda Card deal

Mud_Shark

Is there a rule with the discounted card that everyone in the cabin must purchase it? I drink soda, DH not so much but he will have a few in our 11 nite upcoming cruise. So.... Can I get the card and use it to get him a ginger Ale? Do I have to go to different bars to do this? I guess I'm asking......can I use this card and get two drinks at once?

2 minutes ago, Kate45 said:

Is there a rule with the discounted card that everyone in the cabin must purchase it? I drink soda, DH not so much but he will have a few in our 11 nite upcoming cruise. So.... Can I get the card and use it to get him a ginger Ale? Do I have to go to different bars to do this? I guess I'm asking......can I use this card and get two drinks at once?

It's like a $50 gift card. You can use it to buy as many sodas as you want until the $50 is used up. All the bars accept the card. 

3 hours ago, Kate45 said:

No, not everyone in the cabin needs to purchase the discounted soda CARD - that rule is only for PACKAGES. You can certainly use your card (but not package) to purchase for others. You should not have to go to different bars - I was able to get 2 sodas at every meal in the buffet using the discounted card in February on the Koningsdam.

We have always pre-ordered the $50.00 soda cards for $25.00.  We want to make sure that they arrive in the room on embarkation day.  Usually, I would get 2 for a two week cruise or BTB, and use one card for the first week and one for the second week.  So, I would have to limit to about 3 a day, depending on what I do that day.  Once you get to your last soda and extinguish your card, you'll have to pay via keycard  as normal.